Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Hi all

So i just became a goldpick member after couple years of watching youtube videos by banjoben. Ive played guitar for about 30 years…mostly self taught rythme gospel. I have always wanted tk learn banjo. So will be studying banjo and also hoping to expand on guitar. Thanks for having me. Im sure i will have lots of questions.

11 Likes

Welcome to the Forum Teddy!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Hi Teddy,

Welcome to @BanjoBen 's Forum you have made a wise choice becoming a GoldPick Member. The guys and gals on the forum are all friendly so if you have a question don’t be afraid to ask someone friendly will respond.

2 Likes

Welcome to the board, Teddy! We have another Salyer in our midst. Any relation to Gunnar (@Dragonslayer)?

2 Likes

Hi welcome! Cool to meet another Salyer, it’s not a common name. Have you kin in or around south east Texas?

1 Like

No, all my kinfolk are from salyersville kentucky. Thats in the northeastearn part of kentucky. Near west virvinia

2 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes

I guess they own the town? Lol. Any relation to the old time fiddler John Salyer?

1 Like

Welcome Teddy!

My wife is from not-too-far from Salyersville, and I worked in that area for a few years. Magoffin county is a pretty place.

1 Like

Hello Teddy. Welcome! I hope that we’ll be seeing a video of you playing some time. :wink: I find it very rewarding to watch/listen to others play so I can compare technique. Happy picking!

1 Like

You’re welcome here Teddy. You made a good move; this is the best place to be. Join in and ask questions, lots of folks are happy to help.

1 Like

Welcome aboard, Teddy! Glad to have you join us.

1 Like

One bit of advice : always play no matter what play it may be bad it may be good but play . some day you might lose it I have to fight for every note but still I try. Musiic is a way of life I have started singing with the wife and we do alright I love it when we do . so enjoy your time here and spend it well . WELCOME FELLOW PICKER .

3 Likes