Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Heaven Came Down tab?

I’ve spent a few hours trying to tab out the banjo solos and there are parts I cant seem to figure out, even listening with the speed at half. Just wondering if anyone has tabbed this song and is willing to share it.

Also any tips on what she is playing for backup? I’ve been playing almost 3 years and consider myself an intermediate player, but when it comes to fast backup playing I feel like I’m stuck in the beginner stage😬

8 Likes

Hey! I’m in there! :slight_smile:

I haven’t taken the time to tab it out. If you want to upload the tab you already have I might see about filling in some blanks. Katy is world class when it comes to playing and singing at the same time. I know of no one that does it better.

7 Likes

That’s some mighty fine singing and bass playing Mark!

I’m half embarrassed to show this. I think I got most of this first solo right. There were several places I just wrote something down even though it didn’t sound quite right, like the melodic lick. I didn’t write much down for the second solo which is the second half of the verse. It starts with a couple forward/reverse rolls. After that I couldn’t seen to figure the rest out. Maybe I will if I spend more time on it, I was just starting to feel a little burned out.

Blank Tab Sheets.pdf (315.5 KB)

2nd solo (didn’t get very far ). Blank Tab Sheets 2.pdf (119.8 KB)

7 Likes

Looks like a pretty good start. I haven’t sat down with it with my banjo, but I just sent a message to Katy to see if there’s a chance she’s already tabbed it out. No sense in re-inventing the wheel if she’s already done the work.

Let’s give her a couple of days to respond. They’re often on the road and slow to reply. Feel free to remind me to revisit this post if I don’t get back to it soon.

9 Likes

Good luck tackling Katy’s backup!! hahahaha

9 Likes

You laugh, but this is no joke. What she can play WHILE SHE’S SINGING blows my mind.

8 Likes

Dude I know. It’s really not funny but I have to laugh to keep from getting mad!

8 Likes

I think I know why Ben feels that way, check this one out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Wz01_UZ34 Sorry Ben! :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve be working on learning this one. It’s still a challenge slowed down.

1 Like

You’re not wrong!

1 Like

Hey @Dave_L do you still need help with this? I don’t write tab, but if you want I can record a slow video of the opening solo.

1 Like

Hey Michael! That would be helpful. Thanks!

1 Like

@Dave_L Here’s the opening break:

10 Likes

Very good! Thanks! @Michael_Mark
I’ll work on it

1 Like