Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Heartbreaking

So does that mean that you think Jesus was actually commanding people to do as Judas did? One must learn to read the Bible in its proper context.

Micah, before I give an answer to that, shouldn’t you be knowing that already? If not, where do you get your teachings from?!
I John 4:1 has a clue.
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
How do you try or test the spirit?

I get my teachings from the BIBLE. I take it literally, and I don’t have to wonder what believing on Jesus actually is.

1 Like

I quote from one book Matthew and the chapter and verses are Matthew 5:43-48.

See, I have been telling thief and robber in this thread, you have produced the definition of who they are! So if it is a wrong teaching, it is not through the door, right? And the teacher or preacher of such teaching is who?

Please answer all three of my questions. I test the teachers that I hear, but I want to know what YOU think.

1 Like

You quoted from John 12 and from Matthew 5 in an attempt to prove a works salvation.

OK here is the answers for you…

I don’t know. If you don’t know one, you can listen to me. You can test me out. If you have already believed in some one’s, we can test it out here.

Yes I do consider myself saved.

No.

But you need to understand this, salvation is a process. You need to complete your salvation. How to start and complete is by means of the 2 steps laid out before.

Yes, a false teaching or gospel— check out Galatians 1:6-8:

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

7Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

The Gospel is, according to 1 Corinthians 15:

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:

6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.

8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

So, if you are not preaching that gospel— the gospel of Jesus Christ— the Bible says “let them be accursed.”

Where in the Bible is it stated that salvation is a process? The Bible doesn’t say “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt start being saved.” It says “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved!”

I try the spirits/teachings by the Bible, God’s holy word.

There is a lot we have discussed. You need to do some re-reading to get it in. From what I said before…

You cannot attain salvation by doing anything that not Jesus commanded you to do - If you do, that is what is works.

You can ONLY attain salvation by keeping (in letter and in spirit) whatever Jesus commanded you to do. - This is what is faith.

I guess this brings in clarity and hope you can understand the difference.

Apply the above to your Galatians understanding on false preacher. I don’t deviate from Paul.

I’m sorry John, but there is NO place in the Bible where is says that you need to keep Jesus’ commandments to attain salvation. That’s only for sanctification, not salvation. The only thing one needs to do to be saved is to receive Jesus Christ as their savior. If you’d like, I can try to find a sermon on the topic and post it here.

I’m afraid, we are going round and round. John 12:48 that I quoted before.

You tried to tie that one in with Matthew 5:48.

Jesus’ word was to trust His finished work on the cross for payment for our sin. Not to keep his commandments for salvation. Sorry.

That is fake gospel. If someone preached like that, he is a fake! That’s all I can say. Its up to you!

You take it literally. That is the problem. That is a wrong thing to do. Bible should be spiritually discerned.

Do you know what a professional service is? Like medicine, law where you will require license (commission) to practice. Unless you are well versant in those fields, you would require external help from licensed people, right? Or else you put yourself in jeopardy. That’s how it works in the kingdom of God too. Ephesians 4:11-13. Here you don’t jeopardize your body, you will jeopardize your more important soul.

Peter and Paul mention salvation process.

I Peter 1:7-9
7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Philippians 2:12,
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

OK guys. You’ve made it to the point of repeating yourselves, which usually means you’re going to have to agree to disagree… and that’s OK.

You’re clearly not going to change each other’s minds. So, why don’t you both post 1 summary response directed to those following along, not each other, and call it a day. You can say something like “In summary, I believe X because of Y.” Keep it brief and to the point.

You’ve done an excellent job of keeping things civil and providing references for your positions. Any debate coach would be proud. If nothing else, you’ve shown exactly why there are so many denominations of Christianity. :laughing::laughing:

6 Likes

I bet this is the last time that @Mark_Rocka starts a thread about David Olney.

Although, maybe it will earn him a badge for the number of replies. HA.

I was a bystander to the discussion, but I want to echo Mark and applaud those involved for staying kind. It is a rare thing in internet debates; particularly about subjects as passionate as religion. It says a lot about the BanjoBen community.

4 Likes

This sums up my theology.

• You are saved by repentance and placing your faith in Jesus to save you.

• Works are not necessary for salvation, however they will manifest themselves as a result of the indwelling of Holy Spirit.

• Sanctification is a lifelong process, in which over time, you will draw closer to God, and live a more holy life, as a result of indwelling Holy Spirit.

• Baptism is not necessary for salvation, but a way to demonstrate, that you are committed to Jesus as your savior.

• Macro evolution, is a complete hoax with not a shred of empirical scientific proof. (Read about the Cambrian period).

• If you are still willfully involved in a sinful behavior, and are not feeling condemned over your sin, you may be a false convert. (Important tip. Make sure all your devices have the necessary filtering and tracking software). You know what I’m talking about. The man who thinks his is not prone to succumbing is stronger than Sampson and wiser than Solomon.

6 Likes