Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Having Mandolin Withdrawal

Well, a few weeks ago I went to @BanjoBen Cabin Camp in Nashville. What an experience. Now I am in Portugal on a 12-day trip with my wife (we are retired so I’m told I cannot call it a vacation, it’s just a “trip”.) Most of this trip is a bicycling trip so I couldn’t bring my mandolin. After having played and practiced for 1 - 2 hours daily for the last 3 months (since the last ‘trip’) I am having mandolin withdrawals. Can someone play a few songs and a lick or two for me? LoL.

6 Likes

:grin: will do :+1::notes:
Enjoy your va… err… “Trip” !

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Enjoy your trip and that mandolin will be waiting for you. Maybe hum a fiddle tune you want to learn and you will have it in your head when you reunite with your “mando-friend”

1 Like

Great idea, Stuart! I’ll try that.

Tonight after my wife and I were wrapping up a 12km walk around Lisbon we happened by a small group of performers playing local folk songs. I told my wife we had to stop and listen as there was a girl playing a mandolin in the group. My wife let us stay for a few minutes while I drooled and listened to the group; I was hoping the mandolin player would bust out a solo but it didn’t happen. Ah well, my mando friend will be waiting for me with untuned strings and a longing look when I return…

1 Like

Well, cycling trip is about over as we flew from Lisbon to Chicago this afternoon/evening. Tomorrow we’ll finish up with the flight up home in Wisconsin. I’ll have to stay tuned to see if I won the tone guard @BanjoBen is giving away this weekend….but more importantly I need to get my fingers limbered up and get some practice and pickin’ done! I haven’t touched a musical instrument in almost 2 weeks and do NOT want to get out of the habit. Next month I’m going to Key Largo for a couple of weeks of scuba diving; there’s a 3 day stretch in there with no diving so I’ll definitely be brining my mandolin to do some daily practice and longer sessions on the off days. Must. Play. Music. !

3 Likes