Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Have you seen

… The Chosen?

Free to download from Google Play and App Store.

Also on YouTube.

3 Likes

A pastor at my church has mentioned and spoke highly of it but I have not watched it yet.

4 Likes

I haven’t seen it yet, but I have read the book on which it’s based. It’s a pretty good read, but I have been told it should come with a warning. There are parts inappropriate for some people due to graphic violence, sexuality and frightening scenes. Parental guidance suggested.
I know some parents who who have a fit if they ever caught their kids reading it.

I am a huge fan of G.K. Chesterton, who observed, " ‘The Bible tells us to love our neighbors , and also to love our enemies; probably because generally they are the same people.’

2 Likes

You may be mistaking this for some similarly titled book. The Chosen is a multi episode show about Christ. The only book it’s based on is the Bible and it’s fine for kids. The third episode is especially for kids even. It’s NOT based on nor does it have any association with similarly titled books.

3 Likes

The Chosen that @WillCoop is referring to, is a multi episode, multi season, telling of the Gospel (watch the Trailer). It’s different from any Jesus show you’ve ever seen before. It’s a fresh perspective told from the perspective of those who Jesus chose. You see life through their eyes: their culture; life under Roman occupation: their life and death struggles: their financial and marital problems, and you meet Jesus as they meet him for the first time and as they follow him. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry… seriously, you will; it’s such a beautiful production.

It was produced entirely outside the Hollywood system and is 100% crowd funded. The first season is available for free via free download from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. You may watch on your mobile device or you may cast the episodes to your TV via Roku, FireTV, SmartTV, Chromecast, and more and you don’t have to sign up for anything or even create an account. It was put on Youtube temporarily, but will be coming down soon, so it’s best to watch it via the app and you’ll get a higher resolution.

5 Likes

Thanks for the info. I’m an old geezer, so I still remember when they called it “the greatest story ever told.”

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing all that @MissMaggie!

I wanted to see people’s reactions… Unsolicited from any comments I would make initially… but it is GREAT and I really like your reply. :pray:

2 Likes

Funny you say that. Those words are plastered on the screen about a minute into the trailer.

2 Likes

You’ll be glad to know I finally took the time to watch a few episodes and it’s outstanding!

4 Likes

Great to hear. Episodes 7 & 8 are my favs. Teenagers are digging the series as well.

2 Likes

As it should be, @MissMaggie… since it was (still is and will be) the most suitable title.

1 Like