Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Harrison Straps

Can y’all tell me anything about Harrison straps?
I’ve been really wanting a Harrison mandolin strap, especially a Northfield mandolin strap, since I got my Big Mon, but they have been out of stock everywhere I’ve looked since I’ve been wanting one.
Are they just in very high demand or are they no longer being made?
Thanks!

2 Likes

I’ve never had one so I don’t know how nice they are from personal experience but I imagine they’re nice. They’re still being made just really backed up. I’ve talked to Ronnie Harrison about them and he said they’re always 100 straps behind. I guess that says something about the quality.

2 Likes

Yep, quality is good but production is slow. It’s not a full-time thing for them so they make them when they want.

3 Likes

I have one for my banjo; it’s super well made. I ordered mine at the end of 2019 and it took a few months I think. Best way to order one is probably to contact Ronnie Harrison on Facebook.

3 Likes

I don’t have Facebook though lol
I’ll have to get my dad to contact him👍
Thanks!

2 Likes

Ordered me a Northfield Harrison mandolin strap from Northfield’s website
They finally restocked!!
Should get it in a couple weeks!

5 Likes

image image image image image image image

5 Likes

Finally got my strap!
I love the little bag they sent it in too!

3 Likes

Beautiful! I’m sure you’ll enjoy that! The Harrisons are great musicians and nice people; Chad won Galax guitar this year! Always enjoy getting to see them.

5 Likes

I’ve never had the pleasure of meeting them before

I’d love to go to more “bluegrass festival” events and meet more bluegrass people but it seems like the Lord just wants us to keep doing more Church revivals and meetings at the moment haha

2 Likes

You could go to the Blue Ridge Camp Meeting!

1 Like

Never heard of that one
Where’s it at?

Bro. Tommy Nichols runs it. It’s somewhere on the Blue Ridge Parkway, that’s all I remember lol

1 Like

Bro. Chad plays at 24 minutes.

1 Like

We’d go to more festivals if we could
But God has been filling our schedule up!
Idk if I’ve even been home for a month’s worth of days this year lol

1 Like

And some oddball preacher at 37 minutes!

Found this online

I know the Orange family!
And Bro. Knox haha

1 Like

I can relate! :joy:

September:
8 nights in my bunk in the RV
10 nights in a hotel
12 nights in my bed at home

Almost split in thirds! But I’m not complaining; I really love it, though it can be SO tiring!

5 Likes