Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Happy Thanksgiving! (2018)

There is definitely not a profit in it, unless your my kids. They help make it and then get to sell it. We do it to keep the tradition going and to teach the kids hard work and business.

1 Like

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"
@Bcaves things that are lacking in society so much today.
Good parenting skills.

1 Like

Hey Brandon! I am not sure if I found the right facebook page or not. Could you possibly post the link? If too much trouble, don’t worry about it. :wink:

Here you go.

Whoa!! That is cool! How long has your family been making it? I make maple syrup in the spring here in WI. It looks somewhat similar as far as boiling goes. How long does it have to boil? For me it takes about 32 gal of maple sap to make 1 gal of maple syrup. What is the ratio for cane syrup? Or is it totally different?
Do you still have some available? I would love to get a bottle to try!

I’m lot sure how long but I know my great great grandfather brought the kettle with him from Soith Carolina, So at least that long. It takes about 4 Hrs to turn juice into syrup. The ratio is 6:1. Private message me your address and I’ll check shipping cost. It’s usually expensive to ship glass.