Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Happy St Patrick's Day

The late great Dave Hum picking Mason’s Apron

The girls dancing is adorable! That’s what playing is all about…

:shamrock:Lá Fhéile Pádraig!:shamrock:
Happy St. Paddy’s Day !
:beers:Sláinte!:beers:

1 Like

@Archie Any idea where he was playing this? Dublin?

Hi Steve, Dave lived in Salisbury in the South of England, an old market town dating back to medieval times it’s near Stone Henge. No idea were he is playing any one of a number of tourist locations along the south coast.

Here is a link to his website. There are lot’s of his own TABs on there

https://mel-yates-wlyw.squarespace.com/

You won’t see many banjo players doing this

Thanks for the info. I lived in Glasgow a long time ago. It reminded me of the city center. I’m sure many areas in the UK look like that though.

paddy

1 Like

Hi Bob,

Did you recover from yesterday? I hope the Green Beer hasn’t come back to bite ya! :dizzy_face::face_with_head_bandage:

How is Life? Sorry about Virginia’s unexpected exit from the tourney… :grimacing::astonished:

1 Like

LOL… Hey Will! I’m great, thanks. You? Nah… just a wee bit o Irish whisky today. I gave up drinking for Lent!

Speaking of which…

A man moves into a new village in Ireland and walks into the local pub and orders three beers.

The bartender brings him the three beers thinking his friends will soon join him but the man proceeds to alternately sip one, then the other, then the third, until they’re gone.

He then orders three more and the bartender says, “Sir, I know you like them cold, so you can start with one, and I’ll bring you a fresh one as soon as you’re low.”

The man says, “You don’t understand. I have two brothers, one in Australia and one in America. We made a vow to each other that every Saturday night, we’d still drink together. So right now, my brothers have three beers, too, and we’re drinking together.”

The bartender thinks it’s a wonderful tradition, and every week he sets up the guy’s three beers and word travels quickly throughout the countryside about the man who drinks three beers.

Then one week, the man comes in and orders only two. The bartender realizes that something must have happened to one of the brothers and sadly draws the two beers. He drinks them and then orders two more. The bartender finally says sadly to the man, “Knowing your tradition, I’d just like to just say that I’m deeply sorry you’ve lost a brother.”

The man looks up and replies smilingly, “Oh, heavens no! I’ll have you know that both my brothers are just fine – I just quit drinking for Lent!”

3 Likes

HeHe… Good one, Bob… now pass the Friday Fish please!

:fish::tropical_fish::shrimp::crab:

But… I didn’t say anything about giving up MY beers for Lent. :thinking: :smirk: shhhhhhh… :shushing_face: 2 beers, please :beers:. CHEERS!

1 Like