Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Happy Reformation day! (And Trumpet tune)

Happy reformation day to all you protestants out there! Here’s a tune written by Martin Luther the “father of the reformation” in honor of the day

And I’ll apologize in advance for my trumpeting, it’s not very good

6 Likes

Is it Reformation Day again? What a guy, that Martin Luther, huh?

So wind instruments too eh? I should have known; silly me.

1 Like

You’re a man of many talents! Practice saying “tee” and “ta” and “la” while trumpeting! I played the tuba and the trombone for junior high and high school band, which is just a bigger mouthpiece. Keep it up friend!

2 Likes

Yep, it’s conveniently placed right on top of a holiday I don’t celebrate, so I have an excuse… Luther was an interesting fellow, there’s a good movie about him too.

A few. Irish whistle, harmonica, bamboo flute, trumpet, I don’t discriminate… :joy:

1 Like

Thanks!

I usually try to do that, I can’t remember if I did in the video, but the trumpet hasn’t been cleaned in over a year and it doesn’t sound the tonguing when dirty (a friend of mine who plays French horn also told me to Ta when I was already) I don’t play trumpet much cuz the styles of music I like require advanced skill to pull of on a brass instrument and I’m not that dedicated to trumpet. My goal with it is just to be able to “play” any brass instrument I meet

Nice performance, I once started to learn the clarinet (my mom played), but lost interest. I also don’t celebrate a certain holiday today, but we always have Reeses (my favorite) so :smile:

1 Like

Thanks! We don’t really celebrate any holidays except Thanksgiving and Christmas, and we don’t even always celebrate Christmas on Christmas day, I just like raising awareness for reformation day. I love reese’s, but I almost never get them :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like