Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Happy New Year from the Future

A blessed New Year to every one.

As an offspring of the 1950’s, I used to read all kinds of stories & see thrilling programs about the amazing things to come in the Future.
Some of those stories took place way off in 1984, others in 1999 and some were really exotic and happened in 2015.

I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of 2022.

Where’s my flying car?

8 Likes

NASA has just sent this little sucker out to look for it @BanJoe

2 Likes
3 Likes

Happy New Year All!!!
Wishing you and yours the very best for 2022, and the years to follow.

3 Likes

If all goes according to plan, the Webb telescope will see something billions & billions of years old…and illustrious people will call it “news.”
“But wait!” they exclaim. “We may discover how the universe was made!”
Oh yeah? Are there plans to make another one?:thinking:

1 Like

Whilst I do have a little morbid curiosity for what they might find out there. I would sooner they stopped sending billion dollar bits of junk into space and focused on the problems man has created here on Earth. Like planting some trees to replace the ones they have cut down :deciduous_tree::evergreen_tree::palm_tree: and fixing the massive plastic nightmare we have create for future generations to resolve. Maybe NASA can find a landfill in the sky. If you haven’t seen the movie @BanJoe checkout Wall - E for surely thats where we are heading.

In time Webb will look back at Earth and will see a toxic planet that resembles Mars and someone somewhere in a galaxy beyond the blue horizon will send a rover to determine if there was ever life on Earth at some point in the future past.

They have. Those smart rocket scientists have discovered that littering space with tons & tons of debris is the right & proper way of doing business. Like mine owners dumping waste into rivers, chemical companies spewing toxins into the atmosphere and and the chronic slob who is always tossing his trash out his car window, they defend the practices by saying “That’s progress for you!”

Maybe we could replace the ozone layer with a thick coating of recycled plastic curtesy of Mr & Mrs Coca Cola and Pepsi

You may be on to something there! If we wrap stuff in plastic to protect & preserve it, why not just wrap the whole planet?
Or we could just wrap the parts we like & use the rest as a habitat for “People Who Do Not Think Like Us.”

1 Like

Ya’ll do know… she’s flat. Right?

1 Like

Bad news for the new year, I think the future probably will look more like “Idiocracy” than the Jetsons. At least, from my perspective we seem to be headed in that direction. “Why?” “Because plants crave Brawndo.”

1 Like

If that’s true, it should make plastic dome construction much easier!:+1:

If we can learn about the future from the past, we’ll see there have been great kings & poor kings that have come & gone, but us peasants just keep on rolling!