Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Gunnar Salyer - Worcester for Wear

Here’s our boy with another original Worcester for Wear. I love this. Kinda Leo Kottke-ish.

23 Likes

WOW! That’s a great tune! Loved it. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

I’m glad you posted that @MissMaggie! I really love this one too, I saw it this morn on the Tube. Great job Gunnar :grin:!!

8 Likes

Well thanks! I posted this one previously when I wrote it, but I posted it again on this guitar which I got to play while in Nashville. It’s an Olson, owned by Michael Card, one of my musical heroes.

9 Likes

Very, very nice! And I can hum it in my head all day long!

I was stunned to see it is possible to make music without wearing finger picks.:grin:

10 Likes

@Dragonslayer, that was a fun tune! It’s a catchy melody, and skips along at at great tempo. I love hearing melody lines down low for a change. Thanks for sharing @MissMaggie !

9 Likes

Dig it!

5 Likes

That was gold, groovy and melodic - There are even slaps in there - Get a bass ! lol
I really like Michael Card too, he is a genius!

5 Likes

You nailed it man, right down to the facial expressions. :joy: Well done :+1:

3 Likes

Really like this Gunnar!

4 Likes

Thanks all!! I composed it on the idea of mimicking a looper pedal, and kind of adding layers as I go along. Youtube search Tim Hawkins guitar meltdown for the specific video that inspired me.

Thanks! Facial expressiveness is actually something I value very much, and I always try to make it look like I’m enjoying myself (or maybe being alternately stung by bees and electrocuted…) rather than being too stoic

9 Likes

cool… :wink: It makes it more interesting!

6 Likes