Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Guest pickers not part of Gold Pick anymore?

Dear BB team,

I was wondering what determines whether lessons with guest pickers are included as part of Gold Pick membership or not. For instance, we’ve had many great Pro Picker Case Studies under Gold Pick with people like Kenny Smith and Cody Kilby, but recent guest lessons (Jake Workman, Kristin Scott Benson) require purchase of an extra ticket. How come these aren’t part of Gold Pick?

Thanks!

Hi @PickerDave It depends, some Pro Picker lessons are part of your Gold Pick Membership. Other’s are outwith the membership package. On such occasions when @BanjoBen invites a guest teacher along obviously that teacher needs to be paid/expenses. In such cases Ben will send out an email offering All members the opportunity of taking those lessons. I hope this clarifies things for you and anyone else who may be interested. I should also add these lessons are EXTRA you still get your regular lessons.

2 Likes

Hey Dave, all prerecorded lessons uploaded to this site are available to all Gold Pick members. The guest lessons you’re referencing are Banjo Ben Live lessons, which are special live streamed events that require a ticket to attend. Some guests we’ve had have actually done both a Pro Picker Case Study and a Banjo Ben Live (like Russ’, Kenny’s, and Cody’s).

6 Likes

Howdy @PickerDave!

as Michael said, these are 2 different learning formats. One is called a Pro Picker Case Study and the other is Banjo Ben Live. What makes it confusing is that some folks have done both a case study and been a live guest. Gold Pick members get access to all Pro Picker Case Studies, and a discount on tickets to Banjo Ben Live.

6 Likes

I’ve noticed that too, and it can be a bit confusing. From what I gather, it seems like the inclusion of guest picker lessons in the Gold Pick membership might depend on certain agreements or arrangements with those guest pickers.

Thanks Michael and Ben for clarifying

2 Likes