Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Great Experience with the General Store

Not sure if this is the most appropriate place to post this topic but I wanted to let others know how great the customer services is at Banjo Ben’s General Store. I was in the market for a less expensive guitar than a Martin D-18 and talked to both Ben and Jake and they helped me choose an Easton E6D. I got a fantastic deal on it, better than anywhere else online and free shipping. Plus, Jake is going to hand select it and set it up for me as though it was his own guitar. Goodbye Musician’s Friend, Amazon, Reverb, etc. ALL my business will be with the General Store from now on. And no, this is not a paid endorsement. They actually DID bill my credit card. LOL! If you are in the market for an instrument or just want to talk shop, Jake is an awesome dude to talk to and has a lot of experience with equipment. He also steered me toward a great capo that was half the price of the one I thought I had to have. A+ service!!

12 Likes

Thank you for those kind words! We are honored to take care of my Gold Pick members!

4 Likes

Just a quick question @BanjoBen , though I’m not in the market for ANYTHING :slight_smile: ! Do you ship to Europe to ? Well, Belgium in particular ?

1 Like

We sure do, though we have no control over import taxes, which I know are pretty hefty in the UK.

2 Likes

Hi @Erwin1

Four point’s to consider, Shipping Cost’s, Import Duty, Value Added Tax and Handling Charges to recover duty & taxes. I wish it were not so but as @BanjoBen points out he has no control over such matters.

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more!

2 Likes

This seemed like the right thread to thank @AdamAsh and @Jake . Both of them have helped answer questions on my new banjo. I am new to banjo maintenance. Adam walked me through a bunch of things to help identify and eliminate a buzz/rattle that had crept in and Jake answered my questions about how a tailpiece is supposed to be. Both were super patient and helpful. Thanks y’all!

6 Likes

I’ve consistently had the best service from the General Store staff. I’ve worked mostly with Adam and Justin and both are excellent. Adam was a great resource for strings for my older Martin D-28 guitar and to give advice about banjo topics. Justin gave me advice about spikes for my banjo vs the 5th string capo so I went to the store the day before Cabin Camp and he put them on for me-no charge since I had purchased the banjo at the previous camp. There are a few stores in St. Louis, about an hour from where I live but I’d rather buy from Ben’s store because I know I can trust them. They’ve earned all my future business. Someone in marketing had to know that piece of candy included in my shipment was going to sweeten the deal.

9 Likes

Thanks y’all! Glad to help!

8 Likes