Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Grandfather‘clock Banjo

One of my favorite Tune … Grandfather’s Clock. I posted it here 4 Months ago. Played today with the Deering Sierra … how do you like it compared to the old video? is it too fast or what do you think? Thanks for your posts!
New Video:

Old Video:

16 Likes

That’s a significant improvement. Not too fast. Some will say play slower till you you perfect each part. I like to play faster than I’m capable now and then to help identify the parts I need to work on the most. It’s also motivational to me because some parts I have nailed and I can play them fast so I like to hear what it will sound like.

Good job Severin and thanks for sharing.

7 Likes

Thank you so much @MissMaggie ! yes, that’s what I like to do. I prefer to play quickly with two or three mistakes rather than perfectly and slowly. better would be quick and perfect😊 but yes it’s just a learning process. but it’s just more fun to play fast. Thanks for your comment!

4 Likes

I can see your gaining more confidence @Severin . The new banjo sounds much fuller . two_banjos

6 Likes

I like them both. But, side by side, I prefer the new one. I like the timing, tone, speed, & playing in the new video. I picked along with it cuz I was in the middle of practicing with mando in hand & just took a break to look something up, & ended up here😁! What a difference 4 months and a new banjo makes! Great job! Keep it up!

5 Likes

Thank you @Archie! Nice to hear…

3 Likes

Thank you for your opinion! that would be a cool thing if you would accompany me! :slight_smile: thank you @Simone!!

4 Likes

That’s is a good temp for this tune.

5 Likes

@Severin,

I will pay you the highest praise and compliment.

Your performance inspires me to learn to play this song. :grin::metal::facepunch: :banjo:

5 Likes

Thank you @WillCoop!! :blush:its really a very cool tune to play! Hope to see your version one day!! :sunglasses::v:t3:

4 Likes

Keep it up, Severin!

Liked several of Archie’s emoticons, btw!

4 Likes

Thank you @jmonickaraj1!

4 Likes

@Severin, nice job on this, and I like the Sierra! I don’t think the new recording is too fast. I think there is a range of good tempos for this song. You’ve definitely improved on this song since the older recording, and the Sierra is a nice step up from the older one (Goodtime II, I believe?). Keep up the good work!

6 Likes

Thank you so much! yes exactly Goodtime 2. I just think that the flow is missing a bit … but thanks for the compliment! that is often the problem, you upload a video to yt and after a few months you play it better. what problems haha😅

5 Likes

Big improvement! Both great but the new one is better

4 Likes

Thank you Gunnar :blush:

4 Likes