Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Got the new job

Well I posted about it quickly in Libbys iPhone sticker thread about waiting to here from a interview, and I got the head cook position at a really neat Restaurant/Music Venue in my local area as head cook!

Really excited about this next chapter and just wanted to share. I’m not a career focused individual as I love my hobbies a lot more. I work to live and though kitchen life is daunting and I’ve been doing it for years I’m SO HAPPY to be in a restaurant in a lead role at a music venue where we have live music every day and night. It’s a intimate space and open kitchen too so we’re right there with the music. I’m hyped!!!

(Customized guitar chairs throughout the building and two high end Epiphone les pauls behind the bar, quilt-top pro models)

19 Likes

OK, that’s cool! I just hope the place is not some fancy-schmansy Italian restaurant called “E. Colli’s.”:flushed:

3 Likes

Haha, nope. All American cuisine! This location is known for having the best fried chicken in the area. Though we do; lamb-rack, boneless short-rib, beer battered cod fish, few pasta dishes, grassfed burgers, and a bunch of appetizers and soups/salads. GF/vegan options as well.

Great prices and the owners really care about music and artists. Has a old time aesthetic to it.

“Fleetwood Mac & Cheese” is so good. 5 cheese, cream, bread crumbs BOOM! so good though. topped with smoked mozzarella

3 Likes

Man i’m happy for you! Sounds like a great job!

3 Likes

Ooh cool!

4 Likes

Congratulations!!!

My mac and cheese (made from a roux on up) normally has sourdough chunks with regianno on the top, so I bet I would would dig theirs too!

4 Likes

Congrats! I’m sure you’ll do a jam up job there!

2 Likes

Congrats! That sounds awesome!

Where is this located? I’m always looking for good GF options.

2 Likes

gif Good Luck for the future

2 Likes

Congrats @xTJBx . Sounds like a great place for you.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for sharing the excitement with me. I’m excited about starting Thursday. We have all kinds of musical acts. Rock, pop, alternative, folk, country, and yes bluegrass too!

our location is good ol’ Woodstock, NY. the one and only (well, the only Woodstock that counts lol)

6 Likes

I want to come see you! Congrats!

2 Likes