Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Good news bad news

Got bad news then good news today. My daughter Sarah was signed up for a school geology field trip that was to take place in June. They were going to the Tetons for three weeks. First it got postponed and then today was cancelled. That was the bad news. Good news is that Sarah is now signed up for Cabin Camp second weekend in July with mandolin. She just started on mandolin and has been taking lessons from Sharon Gilchrist for the last couple of months so it couldn’t have come at a better time!

14 Likes

Wow, that’s awesome!
I will miss meeting the both of you cuz I’m signed up for 4th of July camp/mandolin.

7 Likes

YEA!!! I’m so glad to host her, gonna be so fun!

9 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about her trip but not a bad back up plan if I do say. I feel bad for all the kid’s missing out on the things that help make up there early memories. The summer of 1976 bring back some very cool ones for me. She should have a blast! And a found memory to cherish :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

It’s shaping up to be the highlight of the summer for all of us…can’t wait!!

7 Likes

It sound’s like it, unfortunately I will not be attending and I’m bummed! Planning for next year :crossed_fingers: Hope everyone has a fantastic experience :sunglasses: I will be there in spirit!

3 Likes

Looking forward to seeing you both!

5 Likes

Right back at you @Mark_Rocka! You attending both weekends?

5 Likes

As of right now, that’s the plan. I hope it goes that way. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh cool! Well me and Simone are in the same boat and will miss you, but I know you’ll both enjoy it despite our absence :joy::joy:

4 Likes

I’ll be at the 2nd-4th camp (Lord willing); I’ll miss jamming with you, @mharrison43! @Dragonslayer, are you going to be at the 2nd-4th camp?

6 Likes

That’s the plan! I look forward to jamming with you!

5 Likes

Just booked our rooms for July 1-4. Being the summer, my wife, Ellen, is coming as well—strictly a spectator, though. We even found a hotel that allows our dog to come. She’s 14 (my dog, not my wife), just a little thing and she’s half blind and mostly deaf. Those are ideal traits for being my #1 fan. Won’t ever be ready to play everything, but sure looking forward to the fun time.

4 Likes

I can’t WAIT to meet y’all! We’re gonna have a ball! Family/guests are able to join us at supper break, around 5-6pm.

3 Likes

Good to hear. Thanks! Who do we need to contact to pay the extra meal charges?

1 Like

We’ll take payment during the camp, @aliciabowman will be collecting :wink:

2 Likes