Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

God is good

I have my wife’s permission to post this…

Last Wednesday she developed flu-like symptoms… as in REALLY ill. Went to urgent care they tested for covid, flu… all types,all the respiratory stuff. Tested negative. Sent her home with some meds.
Thursday all day and night in bed, no improvement. Friday morning she collapsed to the floor while getting out of bed and could not get up. Called 911, and then went to the hospital. After 6 hours in Emergency and a truckload of tests she was diagnosed with a UTI. Fed her some antibiotics sent her home after drawing blood. The next morning the hospital called us and wanted her back ASAP. Turns out the blood work indicated sepsis. I didn’t know what that was… but I got a quick education. Glenda was deadly ill with high fever for the next two days while they bombarded her body with a bucket load of antibiotics until they could figure out which antibiotic the sepsis would respond to. She finally came home Tuesday. Throughout this whole experience, Christians would appear as if by magic in the emergency room, walking past the hospital room, they were everywhere. They would simply stop and pray for us… some we knew, some we didn’t. We were prayed over by a Presbyterian, a Baptist or two, and a Pentecostal lady who called down all of Heaven … man o man… now THAT was a prayer.

One nurse mentioned God’s name in passing and I said
“You say that Name as if you know Who He is…”
she responded…
“Oh, chile! Of COURSE I know Who He is!”
So now she is home resting… the Body of Christ did what it always does… prayed and brought us food.
Folks… our God is good. And I am grateful I still have my wife of nearly 48 years (I have known her for 50 years) in this house with me.
Paige

18 Likes

I’m always amazed at how God can carry out his will through pitiful ol’ people like us, and it just brings him more glory. I’m so thankful to hear Glenda is home and resting.

11 Likes

Yes He is!!
Man, that’s scary stuff- I’m glad to hear she is home and resting, and I’m sure many of us on the forum will be joining the many people praying for you guys!
There is nothing quite like meeting another dear brother or sister in Jesus Christ and hearing that they are praying for you.

8 Likes

:+1:

Psalm 107:20 - “He sent his word, and healed them,…”

4 Likes

Great story! It is always a comfort to know that God will never leave us nor forsake us, He is always by our side watching out for us. Continued prayers for you and your wife.

7 Likes

Wow, thanks for sharing…what an awesome story!

6 Likes

It is wonderful that your wife is recovering at home. Take care of yourself too right now! I’ve heard of too many times one spouse lets themselves run to thin taking care of their spouse having health issues.

7 Likes

All the time! It is a great day when prayers for healing turn to prayers of Thanksgiving. Like others have said, I am joining in the chorus of prayers.

5 Likes

Praying for your good lady. Hope she is on the road to recovery @Mr_G Paige

3 Likes