Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Gibson Earl Scruggs Signature Strings–LIMITED AMOUNT!

That’s funny right there, I don’t care who you are!

2 Likes

Maybe it’s time to re-pitch it to NetFlix. Seems like they’re buying up almost anything these days. These examples are way better than most of the stuff on NetFlix right now.

1 Like

Wow! I wanna learn that melodic run towards the end of foggy mountain breakdown. Gimme gimme gimme :wink::grin:

2 Likes

I just listened to what you were talking about and thought “yeah, that’s cool!” Then I listened to it a few more times. @BanjoBen, that’s also the ending lick on Dancin’ On My Grave, isn’t it? I almost didn’t recognize it because you’re playing it so fast here.

1 Like

See if this helps.
MelodicRunForJon.tef (1.1 KB)

2 Likes

Thanks Mark. Wow that’s all over the neck. Will have a shot at learning it. Will post a video in 10 years when I’ve mastered it lol :grin::+1:

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s a tough one for sure. I just realized that I forgot to put the fingering in the TEF file. I just replaced it, so you can download it again if you need the right hand fingering.

Also, if you want to see Ben playing this run (although he’s playing it in B here) check out 3:05 in this video.

7 Likes

Thanks Mark that’s great! Many thanks. :+1:

2 Likes

Wow lovin this!! This is an awesome number. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

Wow Purple Hulls. That was awesome guy’s. Love the way the vocal exchanges and instruments weave in and out in this neat arrangement

4 Likes