Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Geoff Stelling played the Twanger

Great story and a great photo Brent. I should add both Murphy Henry & Alan Munde helped sway me towards buying a Stelling. Steve Noon of Eagle Music tried hard to persuade me to buy a Deering Banjo and even offered me a special deal because he didn’t have a Stelling in stock and he didn’t know when he would get any in. I thanked him and said I was happy to wait till he got a Stelling in stock. Several months passed and then I got the call a Master Flower had arrived in the store did I still want it. Next day I set off early for England to pick up the banjo she was and still is a beauty. Wishing you many years of happiness with you new banjo Brent.

7 Likes

Dude that is so cool!! I’m so happy with you for getting that White Star. I am so blessed at the work @BanjoBen is doing and your right, it’s so cool to see that coming full circle, in a sense. I am really struggling with jealousy right now…

5 Likes

How awesome! BTW, I met Alan Munde today for the first time.

7 Likes

That is awesome. I bet you’re having a blast at the camp. What a great opportunity and hope to hear all about when y’all are back home.

5 Likes

Man, you should have messaged me, I would have loved to ride up with you!! I actually called them last year about a tour and they were on hold then, due to Covid. I’ll probably make the trip now in a week or so.

3 Likes

That is incredible! You have made a very wise investment.

5 Likes

@Grinnin I’m kicking myself for not calling you now. Side note: would it be too creepy to create an app to notify me when a fellow Banjo Ben student is near me? I did reach out to @Archie and @AdamAsh (thanks guys) just to talk it out before I made the purchase. Let me know if you need someone to ride shot gun when you go.

6 Likes

Hey, will do man. I probably should ride the bike, I wouldn’t be able to go into debt if I have nowhere to carry one, lol.

4 Likes

That’s a great story @Brent.H and can’t wait to hear the White Star :+1:

5 Likes

Hi @Lee_G If your interested there is a Stelling Sunflower 1998 5 string banjo for sale on Gumtree. Location: Newton St Boswells Scottish Borders. The guy is asking for £3000 but I have a feeling he may sell for less. I have no connections with this guy. I just keep an eye on the UK banjo market. He also has a Deering and a Gold Tone for sale.

A new Sunflower from Eagle Music retails at £4399.00

1 Like

There’s been talk of Mr. Stelling retiring for awhile, but this time he has a couple of employees who are retiring at the end of the year. Will that cause value to go up? Not sure, but that definitely played a part in the decision to get one now instead of waiting. When they come in to the General Store, it seems they don’t stick around long.

3 Likes

I think it might @Brent.H I believe my Master Flower is probably worth more now than I paid for it. As I said to my wife when I bought it with luck it should cover the cost of my funeral.

3 Likes

that’s awesome!

2 Likes

Wow, great story…and Congrats on the new Stelling!

2 Likes

Yes, you made a wise decision.

3 Likes

Forget GameStop, let’s buy some banjos! Congrats @Brent.H

4 Likes

Ha! We’ll get all those banjo short sellers in a pickle!

2 Likes

That’s cool! I’m glad you were able to pick that one up!

4 Likes

Thanks Archie I’m a bit strapped at mo but would love a Stelling at some point :+1:

2 Likes

Man that’s so awesome thank you for sharing that.

1 Like