Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Gator Hunting

Anybody else out there do any alligator hunting? If you enjoy the thrill of a good hunt, I would encourage you to give it a try. I’ve been Alligator hunting here in GA since 2006 and I try to go every year. Although this is the first year that we didn’t get our application submitted in time. The DNR actually changed the deadline and we didn’t know. I just got our biggest gator back from the taxidermist last weekend, and I’ll have to say that my wife is not thrilled :joy:!

5 Likes

You hunt them by hand or with a gun?

Son! “Called him Amos Moses.” :laughing:

3 Likes

You using that gator head for a napkin holder?

I’ve never hunted gator, but I’ve eaten it. Tasted like chicken.

Riddle: What’s the difference between an alligator and a crocodile?

Crocodile Hunter sounds cool with an Australian accent. Alligator hunter doesn’t.

I’ve heard this joke. It’s a good one. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well first of all I don’t go anywhere without a gun :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Here in GA we have to restrain the gator with a line before killing him. So you can use a big treble hook, heavy duty bowfishing gear, hand propelled harpoon, or snare. After that you have to get him to the boat and then use a pistol or bang stick to kill him. The thrill of the hunt comes from wrestling the gator to the boat. I wouldn’t care anything about shooting one across the water with a rifle.

Yeah, it was that or a bread box.:joy:! That’s not where he will stay though, my wife just ain’t going to deal with that very long. I’m going to build a shelf for him.

No idea??

@Bcaves…“I think we’re going to need a bigger boat”… What is the biggest one you have ever gotten?

Go ahead Mark, if you don’t I will.

So you don’t just sneak up behind them and jump on their backs?

I used to trap them in Texas, create a snare with a rope and some bait. The small ones I’d bring back to my home and turn loose in a 7 acre pond we have in front of the house–made pretty good friends with some of them. Well, until they hit puberty. I have some funny stories.

2 Likes

So what is the difference between a crocodile and an alligator ?

This maybe?

It’s your joke. I wouldn’t steal your punchline. :slight_smile:

@BanjoBen well you still have all your fingers, so they must have liked you (not in a “snack” sort of way).

Nope, I hope I have more sense than the gator boys on TV…:grimacing:

1 Like

Alrighty then, here it is.

The alligator will see you later and the crocodile will see you in a while.

9 Likes