Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Forgetting What You Know

@Mark_Rocka @Archie @David-Gear Never forgot kids but car keys are another story it got so bad with car keys that I attached a string to them and tied them to my belt loops so they would tug at my pants when I got out then I forgot that I tied them to my belt loop and dang near lost my britches when I got out to go in a store was standing there in the middle of the parking lot with my pants dang near to my ankles.

5 Likes

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

3 Likes

When one spends as much time as I do standing around in a room wondering why I came in there, you realize that forgetting part of something you haven’t played in a while is a small thing…aaf_dur

10 Likes

Problem one: It’s great to be able to self-diagnose your problem areas. Care in naming them because the mind is powerful. I always slow down on curves so, personally, my key thought to get through with success would be to approach the transition from A part to B part as a start/finish line during a multi-lap race. I would think of maintaining the average best manageable lap speed though that transition on a straightaway and con serving fuel to finish not blistering the tires as well.
Golfers do something similar called a ‘swing thought’. It’s usually one word like straightaway, in this case, so you can think it as you approach your speed bump without much effort.
I used to think of a smoothly flowing creek when my melodies got too choppy, but it lead to many bathroom breaks. Choose carefully.

1 Like

The more doorframes you pass through on the journey the higher the chance of forgetting the purpose!

Inversely Proportional

1 Like

I do that too Dave, I guess they will be telling us to grow up shortly and start acting our age eh? I don’t know about you but this website and all the content on it keeps me feeling young.

Every time I go to the Doc for a check up she asks me how I feel, I tell her I feel great I play banjo. You should see the reaction I get from that statementhigh_five

3 Likes

I actually think that the door frame argument has some basis in or brains associating it with a change but hey hoo I read too much. I notice that If I go from the living room out to the Garage for a Job to do in the Garden Cabin I am flummoxed half way through!

Yes I have to go for medicals myself due to the Military Injuries and often impress/dismay them . It quite bizarre actually if you go downhearted you get told to lighten up If I go full of life it gets viewed odd!

Ehmm that E mail was not from a dismayed fan! It dragged in too many elements of his life and friends for that-Just unpleasant really-Take care now!

2 Likes