Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Foggy Mountain Special

Just a little back porch picking. My dad even took a break! He has come a long ways since we started playing 3 years ago! Hope you enjoy it!

15 Likes

Nice picking! I enjoyed listening

2 Likes

Thanks Gunner!

2 Likes

Just fixing the spelling with the quote feature. It’s a common mistake :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Oh shoot! Sorry about that! My name frequently gets spelled with a “C”. I should know better!

3 Likes

Lol. I almost never get my name spelled right, even people who know me well misspell it :roll_eyes: I couldn’t see the text of the article.

2 Likes

Great Job Kaleb

4 Likes

Nice! That bass break was pretty cool, too. I like the way your brother kept shuffling the guitar during it.

4 Likes

Great job Kaleb, all y’all sound great :clap::clap::star_struck:

4 Likes

Great job! I was wondering, does your brother normally play non-bluegrass styles on the guitar? I feel like this song sounds similar to about 3 other Scruggs songs, but I think that about a lot of Scruggs songs…
It’s too bad all the other homeschooled banjo/guitar players live so far from me…

4 Likes

Well, that is an interesting question. He’s had a bunch of different teachers over the last 5 years. The most influential though were our worship pastor and a most awesome swing guitar player named Drew Miller. Through all the different teachers, Dan has taken from this and that and developed his own style of playing. So the answer is no, he is a bluegrass player but he is very versatile in what he can play. He does a bunch of finger style picking too. It would be SO COOL if we could figure out how to get all us kids together for our own “camp and jam”!

6 Likes

That would be epic

6 Likes

That would be awesome, I think there’s 5 of us.
@D_HRRFan7303
@Dragonslayer
@banjoboyk
@theChristiancowgirl
@Michael_Mark

5 Likes

We should do the “virtual recording” and do Foggy Mountain Special, Gunnar and the fiddle, and me on the mando.

5 Likes

Yeah unless you add @Fisherbro and @FisherKD. Trouble is we’re all rather scattered across the globe and we don’t have much money for travel.

That would be fun. Guess I should learn FMS on fiddle…:flushed::joy:

4 Likes

If you guys need any help with setting this up or mixing it down, let me know. I’d love to see what y’all come up with.

6 Likes

I was thinking of you when I was typing that…

5 Likes

Great i love watching this and what a great looking place you live…

3 Likes

Thanks Lee! We live on almost an acre on the “poor man’s hill”. It is just enough elevated that we can see over the roofs of those just a little down in elevation. We have lived here longer than I am old. It’s a nice place. :blush:

5 Likes

Here’s homeschooler number 4 on yer list! And yup, that would be awesome to do some sort of youth jam camp! Still, hope my guitar skills improve before anybody HAS to see them :yum:!

4 Likes