Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Florida Hurricane

Hey @MissMaggie stay safe, I’m watching a big storm heading your way on the weather site.

3 Likes

Hey thanks for thinking of me @Archie. I’m not evacuating this time; we’ll see how it goes. At this moment, it’s a blue sky sunny day out there. I’ll post a status in a couple days if I still have power.

I hope our other Florida members, especially those on the east coast, will do the same.

1 Like

Hi @MissMaggie I thought you were located on the east coast

I’m on the west coast, by Tampa. The storm is so big though that it will encompass most of the state, but the east coast will get the worst of it. We’re still expecting 100+ winds here but flooding has always been a problem where I live, so we’ll see. I’ve just seen three possible paths and one of them takes it across the state with a direct hit on us, but I think the more likely track is that it turns north when it hits the east coast, which is what we’re hoping for of course. I feel a bit weird that I’m essentially hoping for others to suffer rather than me.

We’ve been preparing though. There are long lines at the gas (petrol) stations, the grocery stores are empty and we’re preparing our fall back positions and looking out for each other.

I’ve been in a house fire and got burned and smoke inhalation, two earthquakes, and a tornado that actually lifted my car, with me in it, into the air and deposited me about 50 feet away. This will be my first hurricane; it’s kind of exciting.

2 Likes

Wow, your a lot braver than me. We have storms but nothing like you folks. The west of country takes the brunt and we have had some high winds buffing us today. Heading to a wedding reception in Edinburgh tonight so I hope the calm we are experiencing now continues. I pray that your storm eases before landfall take care

1 Like

Be safe all you coastal folks! Tampa projects MUCH better today than it did same time yesterday.

1 Like

Yep, looks like it will most likely turn north before it even hits the coast. I’m all prepared and stocked up and everything. All dressed up and nowhere to go as they say.

3 Likes

“Be calm”, mother nature, you weren’t too kind to @MissMaggie:slight_smile:

1 Like

OMG,

Be safe, @MissMaggie… and please check in to keep us updated… Even when the weather turns…

2 Likes

This hurricane sure is slow moving. Looks like I’m gonna dodge this one. The Bahamas sure is having a rough go though and I feel bad for those along the east coast of the U.S.