Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

First video ever! Wreck of the Old 97

Ok guys, I started Banjo a few years ago but I also wanted to try the Mandolin.I got this Mando from Ben’s store right at a month ago. Here’s my attempt at Wreck of the 'ol 97.

10 Likes

Well that’s a pretty successful “attempt” I’d say. Man, that was great Keith, good on ya. :+1::clap: Now you got me wanting to get my mando out and learn that song.

2 Likes

Sounded good! Very good, especially for a first video. Now when is @MissMaggie going to post one?

4 Likes

Well done Keith :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Nice job Keith! It seems from most posts we see that the normal limiting factor is the picking hand and I love what your picking hand is doing. It’s very efficient… you don’t have a bunch of unneeded motion going on. It’s very even… you seem to have a good balance and ease with both upstrokes and downstrokes. It’s more fingery than most, but I think that is an excellent building block. Tony Rice is often pretty fingery and I’d say he did ok. Great job!

4 Likes

My wife walked in and said “Good job!”

3 Likes

Aw…

1 Like

Thanks Mike. I’m really trying to work hard at all the pick hand and fingering advice from the get go because I’m really good at picking up bad habits!

1 Like

Great job, Keith! Were you using a metronome? Your timing was impeccable.

3 Likes

Great Job. Especially considering you’ve only got about a month on that Mandy. Awesome!

2 Likes

You sound like a very accomplished player… Sounds very nice!

2 Likes

Agreed, Excellent timing.

2 Likes

No, not that time,

2 Likes

Well hot dog, I think you’re off to a killer start! I can’t wait to see more! And, I echo what Mike said regarding your right hand…all is looking good.

3 Likes

I really like what you did to make it your own. Evenly timed… but played with nice inflections.

1 Like

Thanks, I plan on posting take two very soon.