Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Fire on the Mountain on Harmonica!

So, this is at either 100 or 120 bpm, I don’t remember. I kind of crashed and burn on the second time through, but I recovered and cleaned the third. I hyperventilated for an hour after this… anyway it’s fun

13 Likes

whew! I’m out of breath just watching this!

2 Likes

No wonder you’re feelin’ dizzy…I feel like I’m still spinning now…
Looks like fun!

2 Likes

Thanks y’all

1 Like

Nice playing. Now go take a puff of that oxygen cannister! I feel exhausted myself. :+1:

2 Likes

Which reminds me of that old joke about a mouse who goes into a music shop and asks for a mouth organ and the owner says ‘Weren’t you in here yesterday?’ and the mouse says 'No, that must have been our Monica (harmonica) :rofl:
I’ll get ma coat… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Thanks! I don’t need the oxygen canister, it has the same effect as hyperventilation. If you ever climb a mountain into thin air, just play some harmonica and you’ll be fine :joy:

2 Likes

That was great! You should keep that in your repertoire and also carry around a jaw harp you can give guests to sit in with you.

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

If you had tabs for this I would be interested, sounded great!

1 Like

It never even occurred to me that harmonica tabs existed, but that’s actually pretty interesting! @Hillbilly_picker are you looking for harmonica tabs or banjo tabs? Fire on the Mountain is basically just made up of pentatonic scales, plus the fourth.

3 Likes

And that little smile-slash-grimace Gunnar had at the beginning of the video was great :joy:

1 Like

Harmonica tabs, harmonica is the instrument that got me playing instruments, and I learned a bunch of cover songs but I played them real simple, and stopped playing before I learned licks and tricks that make that bluegrass sound😥

2 Likes

Thanks!

I don’t, but I could make one

3 Likes

That would be awesome! I’ve been wanting to learn some more of those licks and tricks. Thank you

1 Like

|: 3 4 4 5 4 4 3 3 3 4
v ^ v ^ v ^ v ^ v ^
4 5 6 4 5 4 3 4
v ^ ^ v ^ v v ^
4 5 4 4 3 3- 2 3
v ^ v ^ v v v v
3- 2 3- 3 2… :expressionless:
v v v v v
5 5 6 6 6 5 5 4 5 5
^ v ^ v ^ v ^ v ^ v
6 6 7 6 6 6 5 5
^ v ^ ^ v ^ ^ v
6 6 6 5 5 4 4 5
^ v ^ v ^ v ^ ^
4 4 3 4 4…
v ^ v v ^
3 4 4 5 4 4 3 3- 2 3
v ^ v ^ v ^ v v v v
3- 2 3- 3 2…
v v v v v

Alright, Harmonica Tab is so weird, but I got it made. The v means draw and ^ means blow. A number with a - means whole step bend. I play it on a key of D harmonica

3 Likes

That’s awesome! Thank you!

1 Like

wish i could play like that…

1 Like

I’ve always wondered how the heck do you bend them notes?? Ive tried a few times but I haven’t bent one yet…

1 Like

Try changing the shape of your mouth from an E to an O or an OOH. Experiment from there