Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Finley Reed from Normandy, TN!

What was it that first got you interested in playing the guitar, mandolin or banjo?
My dad got me interested very quickly in playing mandolin because I was beginning to like bluegrass music.

How long have you been playing and what’s your motivation to play?
I’ve been playing since Christmas of 2020. My motivation is to one day have my own band.

What’s your favorite lesson on Ben’s site and how has it helped you improve?
Cripple Creek, key of A, beginner/intermediate lesson is my favorite. It’s helped me play a fun song that I could pick up quickly and learn add-ons as I improved.

What’s your goal when playing?
My goal is the be as good as my dad who also plays.

Are there any other instruments or genres of music that you enjoy playing?
Guitar and banjo are two other instruments I like playing. Other types of music I like are country and folk.

If you could play in anyone’s band, who would it be and why?
I’d like to play with Billy Strings because he plays a lot of my favorite songs.

What type of gear or accessories have you found that work best for you?
I like using a Banjo Ben Clark pick and a classic miniature strap.

If money was no object, what would be your dream instrument(s)?
I have a good Eastman mandolin. It’s my first one. I’m not sure what specific brands yet, but I do want a good banjo, guitar, fiddle and upright bass. Oh, and a dobro.

If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
Since everyone else would be asleep, I’d definitely get some soundproof walls and jam all night with band members who also don’t want to sleep.

How did you find out about Banjo Ben?
My dad met him a few years ago and introduced me to his website.

Thanks for letting us feature you Finley!

24 Likes

That is probably the best answer to that question I have seen!

9 Likes

Finley, congratulations on being the gpotw! I loved reading your answers to the questions, and I’ll bet you dad is very pleased you’re taking an interest in playing. Keep on having fun with it, and I wish you much success in all of your musical interests!

4 Likes

gif Finley on being selected as this weeks Gold Pick Member. Well deserved! Have a great day.

3 Likes

Ya thats for sure the best answer for that one yet!:joy::rofl:

6 Likes

Congratulations Finley!

1 Like

Good to see you again Fin!! It was great meeting you and your dad at Camp this past spring. Keep pickin’ man!!

2 Likes

Congrats on being GPOTW! It was fun to get to pick with you at camp!

3 Likes

Yeah it was a real good time.

3 Likes

Congrats Findley!

1 Like