Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Father's Day

With tomorrow being Father’s Day and hoe important I feel the parents are to the rearing of our children, I being an older guy I still feel the Mother is the care giver and teaches our children what love is. Father is the protector and instills the idea of right and wrong, and gives the drive to do your best. So all that being said I wish every father and great Father’s Day and God Bless

8 Likes

Thanks @Sailor. Happy Father’s Day and God bless to you as well. I got a special Father’s Day gift this year. Two of my daughters and their families came over to listen to our Victoria Street Music session—some low key picking that Doug Hendrix (@cocinar14) and I have been doing in my driveway. My son-in-law added a unique touch with a bucket, a bbq basting brush and an old paint brush (selected carefully for its resonance :grin:). Here’s a picture of me, two of my daughters, and three of my granddaughters. Elise, the grand on the right striking a pose, brought me the bow tie because “you have to wear a tie at a concert” :joy:. A video is also posted. Happy Fathers Day to all the other fathers out there as well!

12 Likes

Happy Father’s Day all!

I also feel like the father’s job is to:

1. Serve and protect - keep them (wife, children) safe and happy
  2. Maintenance - keep the home running properly
  3. Create a space for love to flourish - Try and keep the stress level low in the home so that love will grow.
  4. Teach techy skills - For both the wife and the children, someone has to show them how to swing a hammer, use the remote, send emails, and if they are willing, how to do basic car, electrical, plumbing repairs.
  5. Show how to laugh and to not take oneself too seriously - I flaunt my job as the humor provider in the family. I try to wake up in the morning laughing (drives my wife nuts, but gets her laughing). And I will sometimes show my son that he does not know everything (teach him to listen to others and be humble)

And finally, it is important for the dad to occasionally (possibly regularly) to hold up each member of the family and praise their work, tell/show them how proud you are of them and tell them you love them. That was not something my father did, but I think it is an important role of the father.

Again, Happy Fathers’ Day everyone!

7 Likes

Very good and looks like a lot of fun

3 Likes

Very good and looks like a great family time

3 Likes

I once heard it said, “When you have a son, you become a father.
When you have a daughter, you become a daddy.”
Congratulations, Daddy!

My mother always taught us how the world should be.
My father taught us how the world was.
It was a pretty good balance that my wife & I tried to continue with our children.

I tip my hat to father’s everywhere, for it is truly a thankless job. How would I know? Well, before cell phones, the most long distance telephone calls were placed on Mother’s Day. The most collect calls were placed on Father’s Day.

5 Likes

“Humor provider?” My wife accused me of being the “fun czar” and it was not a compliment!

Q: How many banjo players does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Only one, but all the others gathered around will complain that that’s not the way Earl would have done it.

11 Likes

How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

5, one to change the bulb and 4 to say they could do it better.

However, my favorite “musician change the light bulb” joke is:

How many sopranos does it take to change a light bulb.

Just one. She holds the bulb and the world revolves around her.

My wife tells me that I need to remember that one…

6 Likes

Since we have the musical dad jokes going…

Q: How many fiddle players does it take to replace a light bulb?

A:3 - one to change the bulb and 2 to say they can do it faster.

3 Likes

What did I start lol great jokes thanks to all

2 Likes