Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

EYBM#4 - Banjo and

Inspired by this subject - Banjo and Bagpipe?

Banjo and Pipes… Scots in Appalachia… makes perfect sense when you stop to consider.

What other Banjo synergies - logical, conventional or progressive, come to mind?

For me…

Banjo and Ragtime

Banjo and Delta Blues

3 Likes

I love hearing banjo play classical music…here’s my friend Bennett doing #13, which was one of my faves to play on piano:

7 Likes

Bennett is excellent. I took some skype lessons from him before I messed up my right wrist. good picker and teacher.

6 Likes

Love me some ragtime banjo and these two young men Jesse Rock (left) and Nathan Hannah (right) are each incredible!

2 Likes

**I like the sound a banjo and accordion make together…when you throw one in a dumpster and it lands on the other. Bwahaha, Im kidding obviously. I know you can’t just throw a banjo in a dumpster without paying the hazardous material fees. **

5 Likes

OK, now I want to learn ragtime, so Ben…chop chop! :rofl:

Actually, I do have a question? Why do they rest their banjo’s on their right leg rather than center. Is their some advantage when playing this style, or more likely just how they learned. hmmmm.

1 Like

Just for you, Jake!

1 Like

Ha!

1 Like

Yee Haw…

1 Like

Steve 'n Seagull alternates?

Just kidding! I think it is awesome.

1 Like

Huge fan of Steve n Seagull. Hope they return to America soon.

1 Like

You just know there is beer in that fridge behind them. I’m getting thirsty watchin this. :beer:

A little Classical Banjo Tutorial - Need to get the tux out of the dry cleaners guy’s for this lesson.

1 Like

He’s really good no doubt, but the tone wasn’t that great. Clearly shows why picks are needed. Just opining.

Hi Jack it’s supposed to sound that way. That was the style, back in the day they would use calfskin vellums not fully tensioned