Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Eastmans coming soon!

Do you know if you will have the Starburst 515 finish? Looks like the differences are in tuners, finish 515 has gloss and 315 has matte, and the hard shell case.

I will be interested to know if there is a difference in “sound quality”.

Also, the value… not in resale but as compared to the Kentucky models… dollar to quality… if that makes sense.

Higher models of instruments usually have higher graded woods.

According to the website… Eastman 315 and 515 are made of the same wood.

The same wood doesn’t mean the same grade. It’s like steaks…they’re all cow, but many different qualities.

3 Likes

Can you reserve one of the MD515 F model Eastman Mandolins (Brown) for me?
If I need to put a deposit down I can do that too. I’d like to get one from this next shipment.

Also, I can’t recall if they will be setup or not before shipping.
Please contact me if you need additional info or payment.

Thanks!
Cody

For sure, I have 4 coming in and I think you make the 3rd one spoken for. Yes, it includes setup, as will all my General Store instruments. @Jake will put you down and make sure we hold one for you and get you taken care of as soon as they come in. Thanks!

1 Like

Sweeet!!
I have been hunting for a while, but when I saw that you recommended the Eastman, that was the clincher.

The list of pro musicians playing Eastman instruments is impressive.

I’m originally from Marshall. Now in Galveston, county.
Thanks much!
Cody

1 Like

I hope there might be one left for me to consider! Seems they are being reserved quickly!

You need to let Jake know if you want one, that’s for sure!

Jake is already watching out to line me up with one - thank you.

By the way, I picked up a nice Levy leather strap to replace my nylon one - to combat that whole shoulder-slide annoyance. I got it from the website.

Thanks so much for the advice!

1 Like

Lawd. Have. Mercy.
I just sent Jake this message:

Hey Jake,
I received my Eastman, packed well and in perfect condition.
All I have to say is…Lawd. Have. Mercy.
That is such a sweet instrument. Such a difference from what I was playing. The action is perfect, the sweet tones from it are perfect. It is truly a gorgeous instrument. Everything I had hoped for. The Eastman case just compliments the whole package. (The sticker is already on the case!)

I can’t thank you enough. Your skills are much appreciated. I will be glad to testify to others about this instrument.

Lastly, I’ll say - I deserve this. :grin:

Thanks again man!
Cody

4 Likes

Are the Eastmans in?

Just got mine Friday afternoon. It sounds as good as it looks… and it looks amazing! Unfortunately, I’ve had so many prior commitments I haven’t had much time to play it.

2 Likes

So happy for you! I think there was a mix-up between Jake and me… or the email got lost! I hope there are even some Eastman’s left!

1 Like

I swung by my local music store last week just to take a gander at what they had. Played around on an Eastman 505 for about 45 minutes before hanging it back up. It was a blast and sounded great (not that I know alot, but sounded way better than the MK right next to it).

Congrats on your new acquisition! Hope you get some time soon to have a blast with it!

1 Like

Just posted this thank you on Facebook, so I figured I’d put it here too.

4 Likes

@Mark_Rocka I loved that little bit of pickin, For someone who claims not to be able to play the mandolin too well that sure sounded pretty awesome to me.

3 Likes

Thanks Archie! That’s a little song called “It All Fades Away” that I learned a couple of years ago for a friend that was in a performance and wanted something more than just piano accompanying him. I had to learn to make that one sound really good since I was performing in front of a paying audience.

Honestly, I have way too many irons in the music fire these days. As much as I love playing banjo, now I have this mandolin that I want to devote more time to, and I’ve also committed myself to learning 5 new songs a week on drums for the next few months. I really need more hours in a day, or maybe to be single again. Seems I had a lot more free time when I was single. :stuck_out_tongue:

Take early retirement and you’ll have all the time you need. What am I saying, I never have enough time to do all the things I want to do.

1 Like