Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Dunlop semi round pick

took the plunge @jw11

Special order custom TP50 order: RH speed bevel at the bottom, rounded edge top left as for the normal TP50-1R and a square edge

I can use it for both Mando and Guitar :+1:

Child soldā€¦ lol

3 Likes

Hey Great Lee!!! I donā€™t think you can go wrong. Please let us know how you like it after youā€™ve tried it for awhile.

Thanks,

J.W.

will do pal

Just got the pick and have to say IMHO its so much better than the Dunlop and i know its all subjective to the userā€¦

For meā€¦The grip and feel in the fingers feels is so much more stable, the sound is crisper and it glides over the string far better and because i had a custom made pick i have all three side now to play with. The size is slightly smaller but for me thats a bonus as well.

1 Like

That nice feel will decrease over time (we are oily critters), but a simple wash with soap seems to restore the feel pretty well.

Thanks mike for that

Glad you finally got your pick Lee and also glad you like it! Iā€™m sure youā€™ll be happy with it for a long time. I use the even smaller STP 50. I like both the STP and TP Size. The TDā€™s are just too big and clumsy in my opinion.

Thanks for letting us know what you ended up with!

Hmmmm, how come I never thought of that? Mine doesnā€™t have that new feel anymore and slips more than it used to. Iā€™ll give that a try. Thanks Mike!

J.W.

I like this pick.

It is my pick of choiceā€¦ Having received several from @Jake with my Mandolinā€¦ I like this best.