Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Mandolin lesson: Syncopated Picking

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/syncopated-picking-mandolin

Have you often wondered how people play those great melodic licks on mandolin that seem to just flow like a stream? Well, now you can play them too! I’ve some great exercises and a 15+ minute video showing you how to begin to build those licks everyone is talking about. We’re gonna work on right hand alternate picking while changing strings with syncopated timing. If that sounds hard, it’s not! This one is built for mandolin pickers of all levels!

I like Ben’s mandolin lessons up until this one: Syncopated Picking.
There are only 2 short videos here that do not take you much further than Ben’s YouTube demo of this LESSON.
2 out of 10

Greg West

The part on YouTube is 6+ minutes, whereas the lesson here is almost 15 minutes, so I don’t know what you mean. However, the question isn’t how much I post on YouTube vs. here…the question is if it’s a good lesson.

Sometimes Ben puts more meat in his YouTube videos to draw people in to the site. In today’s online world, people really like free stuff. The internet has conditioned us to expect things to be free, so sometimes you have to give the people what they want. The idea is, once they see the quality of the lessons, they’re more likely to sign up. :wink:

1 Like

Great lesson! Would like to see Ben break down the Rhonda Vincent licks the way he played them in the intro though. I know I should be able to figure that but not there yet. :frowning:

1 Like