Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Mandolin lesson: Pentatonic Boogie in G

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/pentatonic-boogie-in-g-mandolin-intermediate

We’ll take the pentatonic scale G run and learn to improvise and jam over your favorite tune! Let’s have some fun!

6 Likes

This is how I first figured out how to play lead on guitar…excellent!

5 Likes

That mandolin is so pretty! Which model is it?

3 Likes

Honey amber northfield f5sa, I believe. The big mon model doesnt have the dark binding.

3 Likes

@Simone is right, the link to the mandolin is on the lesson page.

4 Likes

Watch this lesson first if you haven’t already! https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/introduction-to-pentatonic-scales-mandolin

1 Like

This is like what I do to improvise but way more in depth and more awesome! The only problem is I play a lot of blues and boogie songs out of E. Maybe a future lesson…

1 Like

NIce lesson. I agree wiht Fiddle wood - this is how I figured out lead guitar. Thanks Ben! Oh man, that Northfield…

3 Likes

I want to see someone put these licks to use on a song in G! Anyone have an idea for a song we can use? Something from YouTube?

4 Likes
3 Likes

Yes Yes Yes!!! I am doing this totally.

1 Like

Looks good Ben, I will be working on it this weekend, Thanks!

3 Likes

Ben you are an outstanding musician. I am impressed by your technique and ease in playing all these instruments in a magnificent way. As for the arrangement and performance as always fantastic. Thank you very much great master of the strings.:clap::clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

Hey Ben, love your tutorials. In ‘Borrowing the Blues’ at 4:55 did you say using a flat 6th or 7th?

2 Likes

Great question and it wasn’t clear. What I mean is that we’re taking the 6th tone that is there (the E note) and replacing it with the flat 7 tone (the f natural). Thanks!

3 Likes

@rollinhome23,

Great question! Welcome to the forum! Isn’t it great that we can share this type of clarification with the whole Community here on this excellent forum?

I hope to see you post more often. :+1::facepunch:

1 Like

Hey Will, just saw your replay. Yea this is a great forum. Expensive but well worth the investment. I hope this covid 19 blows over soon and maybe make a camp in the future and possibly meet ya! Joe Butler southwest Florida

5 Likes