Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Mandolin lesson: No Power In The Water

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/no-power-in-the-water-mandolin

Our most requested song from our bluegrass gospel album is one penned by my sisters called, “No Power In The Water.” It was one of two tunes on the record on which I played mandolin, but the only one I played a solo on. I’ve had LOTS of requests to teach the solo from the song, and I think I know why. One, it’s HOT! Two, it’s in B flat, and many mandolin pickers get a little apprehensive when tackling songs in that key. Even if you have no interest in learning the solo, check it out for some hot triplet licks in the key of B flat!

1 Like

Hi Ben! I recently signed up on your site to learn banjo! I found this song on YouTube and love it. Do you guys have any chords charts or tab to learn to play it on banjo or guitar?

Yep, here are some banjo tabs for you, and thanks for your support of the site!

Ban-NoPowerInTheWater.tef (1.2 KB)
Ban-NoPowerInTheWater.pdf (97.6 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you!!

I can’t seem to download this PDF or TEF for the banjo tab. Am I doing something wrong?

1 Like

Hi David, there seems to be a problem with the link to the files. @BanjoBen is out of town for a few days. I am sure he fill fix this as soon as he is able.

Try these, please:

Ban-NoPowerInTheWater.tef (1.2 KB)
Ban-NoPowerInTheWater.pdf (97.6 KB)

Nope, here is the message that pops up when either of these are clicked.

1 Like

I get:
“You currently don’t have a connection to BanjoBenClark.com, and there are not any saved lessons to display. When you are online and download a lesson for offline viewing, it will show up here.”

1 Like

Ok, I went ahead and uploaded the banjo tabs to the actual lesson so you’ll find them on the lesson page.

3 Likes

Love the song and lesson. REALLY love the NIV cameo behind the mandolin!!

1 Like

Welcome here @jeff2!! hope to see you lots here on the forum.

1 Like

Hey @BanjoBen on that same album is “What a Friend We Have in Jesus.” I’ve seen mando & guitar tabs, but not one for banjo. I’m sure/hoping the “Kick it off Katy” version is out there somewhere???

2 Likes

Here you go!

Ban-WhatAFriend-Intro.pdf (69.3 KB) Ban-WhatAFriend-Intro.tef (2.1 KB)

3 Likes

Awesome!! Thanks so much :slight_smile:

1 Like