Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Mandolin lesson: Introducing Nick Dumas: Gear, Technique, & More!

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/introducing-nick-dumas-gear-technique-more-mandolin-intermediate

Nick Dumas is a mando player’s player–he’s as classy as they come, with technique and taste for days! In this first lesson in our Picker Case Study with Nick, he’ll talk technique, gear, and what he’s been up to. We start off the lesson with one of his originals, “Fish Caught a Bird,” and will teach it later in the course. Enjoy!

6 Likes

Wow, what sweet tone!

6 Likes

Wow, what a sweet tune, too. I cannot believe we get an opportunity to learn this!

3 Likes

That’s awesome that Nick has shared the tab for this one with us, one of my favorite songs on the album. Thanks for posting this one!

3 Likes

Nick is a genuinely nice guy and a great teacher in addition to being a great mandolin player. I purchased his album at cabin camp and it is one of my favorites. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

4 Likes

I’d love to get he guitar version of this song, Ben!

4 Likes

I second that!

2 Likes

Yes I agree totally!

2 Likes

Sure, I’ll tab that out for you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Is the intro (as recorded) found in measures 27-35 of the mandolin tab?

1 Like

Yep, seems to be really close, Mike!

2 Likes

Thanks @BanjoBen…what a nice tune!

2 Likes

@BanjoBen Ben, the next time you’re chatting with Nick you might suggest that he put his website address on his CD jacket. Not big issue, I can google it up or listen to the lesson again, but it would be convenient to see it there with the credits. :slight_smile: Oh, by the way, the Story of a Beautiful Life album is some very pleasant bluegrass listening. I am so glad you introduced him to us. My nephew (a session guitarist) just bought a mandolin. Guess where I’m trying to bring him…

2 Likes