Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Mandolin lesson: God Bless America- Mandolin

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/god-bless-america-mandolin-mandolin-advanced

Stars, stripes, and sweet mandolin tones! God bless America, and God bless you, too.

6 Likes

Nice!! And perfectly timed for the coming Independence Day holiday coming this weekend. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

How did I pass over this Gem? What a wonderful rendition! I don’t know if I’m ready to tackle this one - but as we close in on July 4th holiday… and as a vet… I feel compelled to TRY to learn it! We have so much to be grateful for by being blessed in this country. Personally, I also find it inspiring that while people talk about separation of church and state, there are so many patriotic songs that mention GOD’s good providence. So… from this perspective, I am so please that our country allows this connection - even as I respect those who might disagree with the combining of the two, at lease we CAN express it - which is something I think we all can celebrate, right? But I digress…

Ben, what an inspirational composition (can you call it that when it is a re-write?) as it is true to the original but so interesting and flowing in the passages that link the melody. BRAVO SIR… or should I say… AMEN!

3 Likes

Yeah, I might give that a spin as well.

1 Like