Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Mandolin lesson: C Major Scale Study

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/c-major-scale-study-mandolin-beginner

Scale studies are much more than theory work. They HELP us learn to play in different keys! I’ll teach you the scale then show you speed-building exercises to get you going in C!

5 Likes

Have stepped away from my studies for several weeks but this seemed very natural. Thanks for all your helpfulness. If I can improve, I know I would really like to attend the
Cabin Camp. I’m really just a beginner. Thanks for all you do.

Great! Well, I have many many beginners that come to my camps and you would be most welcome!

I’ve been to several camps. I can assure you that you don’t need to improve at all to attend a camp. Heck, I’d recommend cabin camp for people who just started out, if for no other reason than the cabin camp experience itself. The people (teachers and other campers) are just a blessing to be around. I always come home reenergized from a camp, and not just musically. I find myself just enjoying life more for weeks after camp.

Seriously, go ahead and sign up. I promise you won’t regret it.

5 Likes

I agree with everything Mark wrote!

Just got home an hour ago from my first that Cabin Camp Ben hosted this weekend…I think the biggest majority of the people there were beginners and had never picked with others before, From talking and hanging out with many of them; we all had a great time, made new friends, and all learned something valuable to take home.

It was a very supportive and encouraging atmosphere staffed by some very special people. I’d recommend it to anyone who is just starting out in the music.

4 Likes

From talking and hanging out with many of them; we all had a great time, made new friends, and all learned something valuable to take home.

I am one of these guys. They say sometimes you don’t know what you don’t know. Now I at least have a good idea about what I don’t know. Lots of great instruction. I can’t say I’m leaving camp a better musician, but I am armed with plenty of ammunition to get me there. I’m looking forward to going again.

5 Likes

Hey @BanjoBen! I would love to see this as a guitar lesson too! Thanks for all you do.

Hi Banjo Ben,

Great lesson and just arriving at the right time for me. I have been struggling a bit with a couple of pieces where going up the frets to these exact positions has been challenging. For example Billy in the Low ground which suddenly made sense after I tried playing it again after studying this lesson. It’s in “C”. Wow thats why there are all those notes up at the 8th fret :smiley:

I would love to attend one of your Cabin Camps but as I live in Edinburgh, Scotland it might never happen but who knows!

Many thanks for all your great lessons.

Kind regards,
Scott

Well if you ever do come @Scottymalotty , Make sure you pick up @Archie on your way :sweat_smile:

2 Likes