Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Mandolin lesson: Building Endings in the Key of A

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/building-endings-in-the-key-of-a-mandolin-intermediate

Let’s take the descending pentatonic scale and build FIVE endings, each getting more complex and difficult as we go! Oh yeah, now it’s time for you to USE them!

6 Likes

I hope this makes sense; When you are ending the tune, is the first section used to end the song naturally, then the second section to give it the final touch? Or do you use both phrases when the song ends as the final touch? Seems it could go either way…

1 Like

Can go either way! There are patterns that can develop depending on the particular song and region.

Hello! Wondering if a lesson on intros or how to create the lick to kick off a tune has been covered in previous lessons (or is worth covering at all). It doesn’t seem like a difficult thing and yet I’ve never heard anyone discuss what goes into it…love the site, thanks!

Great request, @jamesbutrym! I’ll put that on the list. I have taught it briefly across a lot of my fiddle tune lessons but I need to devote an entire lesson to it.

I’d also like to see a lesson on intros; it lends a bit more credibility as a beginning intermediate player. Of course, at your convenience :grinning: