Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Mandolin lesson: Black Mountain Rag in C

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/black-mountain-rag-in-c-mandolin-intermediate

This ol’ tune is typically played in A, but very commonly in C. I have already taught it in A, and wanted to play in C to use that high E string like I do on guitar. Tons of fun!

3 Likes

I think there is something for everyone (with a mandolin) in that lesson. I think I will have a hard time waiting to slide.

1 Like

Another stellar lesson…

Can’t wait to dig into this one!

2019 is becoming an embarrassment of riches at BanjoBen.com for mandolin players!! Another treat to be enjoyed. :smiley:

1 Like

Y’all be sure to go to BanjoBenCLARK.com, haha

1 Like

I can’t understand what icon you are saying I can slow down Black Mountain Rag with. I don’t see any icons that look like a slow down on my screen.

Well duh - just figured out you said the “gear” icon and found it - I was originally looking at all the facebook, pininterest icons etc.
Love this song.

2 Likes

I’m a working guitar player and only use my mandolin on a few songs. This was a great tune and lots of fun to learn. I finally have a mandolin song instead of just playing guitar parts on it. Thanks, great website.
Guy

2 Likes

Welcome @guyguerra!

Glad you find the site helpful as we really think that the quality and value is unsurpassed.

Come back often!

1 Like

So I know somewhere down the line someone is going to want to play this song in A. Looking at the tab and listening to the video you had 7 years back - it did not have the great dynamics you composed for key of C. Will you be creating a new A version in the future or is there an recommendation to convert your key of C to Key of A,

Sure, I can create another one, thanks!

@rgkodad,

Thanks for posting. When we post and use this forum, everyone wins… so please come back and contribute often!

Hey @BanjoBen, I am noticing a lot of people play this in D. C shaped capo 2. I think I am gonna learn it in C anyways and try to transpose it to D.

1 Like