Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Mandolin lesson: Belle's Hornpipe- Mandolin

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/belles-hornpipe-mandolin-mandolin-intermediate

My oldest daughter, Charlie Belle, and I were hanging out recently and this melody came to mind! It’s in the key of D and the B part can be a little tricky, yet so fun to play!

1 Like

Curious as to Charlie Belle 's reaction to a tune being named after her. Also I gotta ask, is she learning it on mandolin? Be good to see a father daughter duet.

1 Like

Doggone you, Ben, there goes my sunny Saturday, chores out the window, while I learn this tune. It has a beautiful rhythm and flow, thanks, brother, and God bless!

1 Like

Sweet tune Ben!

1 Like

She was quite honored, yes! I can’t hardly pry her off the piano these days, and I’m fine with that. The stringed instruments will come along when it’s time.

4 Likes

Banjo Ben…I was plugging right along preparing for April Cabin Camp at your farm when BOOM. I am hooked on Belle’s Hornpipe. What a cool tune!. Hopefully we can jam to it at Cabin Camp. I’m afraid my prep work on Fireball Mail and Big Sciota will take a bit of a backseat until I get Belle’s “B” part down better! Great tune and learning opportunity. R/ Greg

2 Likes

Yes, can’t wait to play it with you!

We played this Wednesday night with our band, Oxford Baking Company, in Farmland Indiana, at The Chocolate Moose. We didn’t play it well, but it’s coming, and everyone really liked it.

1 Like

Wow, what an honor!