Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Mandolin lesson: Bag O' Licks- D to G

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/bag-o-licks-d-to-g-mandolin-advanced

Here are 10 hot licks that work over a D chord…and more! Even though they resolve to G, I show you how you can use them in any key where you need a D lick anywhere on the neck!

5 Likes

Awesome! I love the new setup! I’ll have to try to play it on my mandolin.

3 Likes

I was just thinking I needed more to add some more licks to my tool box.
Great timing @BanjoBen
Thanks for being such a great teacher!

2 Likes

New Gold Pick member, New studio looking good. Looks like Ben might have hit his thumb a few times setting up studio.

2 Likes

Ha! Actually it was just working outside in the 10 degree weather/ice, got some pretty good cracks happening. Thanks for being a Gold Picker!

2 Likes

That’s a nice new cabin look! Would love to see a picture on the wall of the old cabin. Also, great lesson!

1 Like

Ben, I love the format of your site, everything is so easy to access for the tunes I choose to work on on.

Love these licks, thanks, man! And every guy needs at least one cabin! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow, I just saw it. Your first finger never moves a fraction off the stings. I’m recovering from hand surgery, both hands, and experiencing the dreaded “Flying Finger” technique. Practicing these licks, while holding in my finger, has been extremely helpful in regaining form.

1 Like