Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the lesson: All About Tuners

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/all-about-tuners-beginner

Jake walks us through all the different types of instrument tuners! What is tuning ratio? Are certain brands better? What to look for when buying an instrument? All these are answered, and more!

4 Likes

That was very informative, thanks @Jake . I am thinking about replacing the tuners on my new guitar, as they don’t work as good as some, so stay tuned, as I might post here when I replace them! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I will stay tuned! Keep us updated!

2 Likes

@BanjoBen, I see what you did there…

I’m tuning in - checking you too, to stay tuned in regarding tuners tuning to play two tunes. :smirk:

2 Likes

Informative, but that first 15 seconds was a bit fishy.:upside_down_face:

1 Like

:fish::fish::blowfish::blowfish::tropical_fish::tropical_fish: :fishing_pole_and_fish:

@Jake Likes tunarrs plain and simple. I have to say I like a good kipper myself

Welcome to @BanjoBen 's Forum Jeff

1 Like

@jwpatches,

Thanks for posting… and please do so often!

1 Like

I have a 1914 Gibson that belonged to my father. It sat around for years after his passing and when I had it restored (the tuners had all seized up, a couple of the buttons had fallen off) and the original tuners replaced. I noticed that the posts, under tension, slant in towrd the body, like the holes for the tuning posts are too large and there is a lot of play. Do tuners have a typical diameter hole in the headstock or does it vary per manufacturer? I did, just recently, find a set of tuners for a 1910 Gibson, just wondering if it is going to help this.

The mando sounds gound and plays with the new tuners just fine, not affecting the playability of the instrument. It just feels like the tuners are doing something they shouldn’t be doing.

Thank you!

1 Like

Man, that’s above my paygrade but I bet Jake would know. Feel free to give the store a call and run it past him at 833-226-5623

2 Likes