Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Guitar lesson: Silent Night- Crosspicking

Ben, your arrangement/playing is absolutely beautiful, I love it. Is the tef missing the swing?? I think I have to use your video lessons fully for this practice!

@JohnM I haven’t listened to the tef yet, but you can add swing in the tef player if desired.

2 Likes

Nice arrangements Ben!

3 Likes

Got it fixed, thanks! You can click the little speaker icon and change the picking syncopation from 0 to 1 if you ever want to add swing.

2 Likes

Cool, thanks @BanjoBen, @Mike_R!

Well, wasn’t sure which Christmas song I was going to work on this year…now I know. Got a cold Ben?

1 Like

Ben, this is a bit off topic, but can you do a lesson on EQ and compression?

1 Like

Great! I love playing this song, may be my favorite Christmas melody! Nope, no cold, just constant allergies I deal with.

This is really nice. I have just finished learning it, but still can’t play it fluently. I was wondering, if you would be able to make an intermediate or advanced flatpicking arrangement for The Lilly of the Valley some time in the future. It’s a fantastic hymn and really bouncy! I’ve tried to find one, but there just aren’t any.
Thank you!
Dan

2 Likes

That’s a great idea, putting it on the list!

2 Likes

Thank you!

So, I just started practicing this, and I noticed there is a transparent background for the tab, rather than the white background. (First new lesson I’ve opened in quite some time).

This may be my old eyes, but I have a much easier time following the tab when there is a white background.

No biggie. Just providing some feedback.

Thank you for the feedback! I’d be curious if it’s just this lesson or if others, too. Try this out: https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/ellies-hornpipe-mandolin-intermediate/video/melody-a-part

I just checked it out, and for me it’s a bit distracting to see movement in the background when trying to focus on the tab. My vision is not the greatest, so it may be perfectly fine for everyone else.

I can always print the tab and follow along with that if need be.

1 Like

It’s a beautiful song arranged simply; perfect! Merry Christmas!

1 Like

I love this simple arrangement! Thank you so much. Can’t wait to play it in church.

1 Like

If there ever was a perfect comment on the forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been enjoying learning this immensely. Putting in an early vote for a cross picking Christmas lesson for next year.

1 Like

Hello and Merry Christmas to y’all fellow pickers and Ben & family! I love this, will take me some time to get it down fluently, but it sounds great even played more slowly, and it’s a great left hand exercise, too, with the stretch, trying to leave the fingers down etc…great playing Ben! Then the harmonies and finally that ending…should anyone not be in Christmas mood yet, they should listen to this (or play it…).
Thanks a lot for all this year’s lessons, Ben! Merry Christmas!
Hermann

2 Likes

Simply beautiful grand master of the strings. A merry Christmas!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like