Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Guitar lesson: Shove The Pig's Foot A Little Further In The Fire

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/shove-the-pigs-foot-a-little-further-in-the-fire-guitar-intermediate

They say this song isn’t really about a pig, but rather a blacksmithing term…regardless, I love this melody! Let’s learn two solos that are addictive to play!

3 Likes

I wasn’t familiar with that one. Like the triplets!

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever heard that tune before. I like it!

1 Like

I’ve never heard this one before either but it’s real catchy with the Celtic overtones and I do love the title!

2 Likes

When are you adding dobro lessons?

1 Like

Whoa!!! I saw Banjo Ben with a lap steel. Will there be lessons for that soon? I hope!!!

1 Like

Love it! I REALLY like the dobro! I am waiting for the day when you teach dobro…:wink::smile:

2 Likes

I knew this would elicit dobro requests, to which I say: I don’t know when I’ll add dobro lessons :joy::rofl:

While I love the sound of a lap steel, I feel I have my hands full learning the guitar & banjo :smiley: Also, when thinking about buying another instrument, I have to remind myself, that I just don’t have the “Dobro” (Doe Bro $$$)

4 Likes

A bit off topic, however, watching the video I could not help but think of the opening sequence of the Brady Bunch
:smile:

3 Likes

Oh, not this one. It makes me cry. Well, how about “Don’t Hit Your Grandma with a Great Big Stick.”

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

As with anything I learn I do it slow and make sure I have the melody and the phrasing right before moving on to a faster pace . This one sure has some different phrasing right at the 13th measure it sort of a fun break away from the main melody. As always good luck and hope you learn it well .

1 Like

I am converting an old Takemine 1989 and will learn it if I have to do it on my own but yes I love the dobro music .

Somehow I tend to think the music reminded of bacon and which I think was what brought the smile in Ben’s face! The song may not be about a pig, but the smile could well be about a pig, besides the someone around who brought about that smile?? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

for those tha want to kknow I offer the following!
https:// www.youtube.com /watch?v=d5yxLMbmX5M

Dec 02, 2011 · The rather obtuse title makes sense once you know that a pig’s foot is a blacksmithing tool. The tune was used in the soundtrack for the Civil War drama Cold Mountain, where- …

2 Likes