Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Guitar lesson: Old Joe Clark- Advanced

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/old-joe-clark-advanced-guitar

If you have a version of Old Joe Clark already, you might wanna think about beefing it up a little bit. This version is exactly what you need to make the local jaws drop!

2 Likes

Just because no one has mentioned it in a while, this is still one of the hottest solos on the web site. :fire::fire::guitar::fire_extinguisher::fire_engine:

3 Likes

Thanks! This one was a lot of fun!

2 Likes

Yeah sounds fun! Looks it shouldn’t be too hard to pick it up at lower tempo.

1 Like

“Punch people in the mouth with that lick” is also one of the best teaching lines. Although it’s hard to practice when I’m laughing so much. :rofl:

3 Likes

Lot of great licks in there. I like the fact it give you a lot to play with and can move the pieces around and play it different ways. I know you encourage that Ben, with your build a break lessons. I’ve always struggled at being a tribute player for the simple reason I’ve always tended to mix parts up. That’s what drew me into bluegrass playing, doesn’t have to be exact, just let it fly and see what you come up with. No such thing as tribute in bluegrass.

1 Like

will everything be the same if one wanted to play this with a capo on the 2nd fret?

1 Like

Everything but the key.

2 Likes

I’m working on this … and might I mention how much that darn Second B challenges me. Good times!

1 Like