Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Guitar lesson: Nothing But The Blood for Guitar

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/nothing-but-the-blood-for-guitar-guitar

I love when the two worlds of old-timey melodies and grassy presentation come together! I was leading our men’s group in singing a few weeks ago and we sang this song. I needed an intro and I just started playing the verse like you hear on the guitar. Then, I couldn’t get it out of my mind! Have fun with this one!

6 Likes

New bluegrass sub-category. Edgeeee contemporary gospel bluegrass. Your creativity amazes me.

3 Likes

Ooh, ooh banjo tab!!

3 Likes

Probably coming in next week’s lesson…

1 Like

You gonna learn this one, buddy? I’d love to hear you play it.

3 Likes

Me? Sure, but it’s a little back on my list

2 Likes

Okay, I just figured that at your current rate of 83 songs per day you could have it down by 4PM.

5 Likes

Our time or yours?

2 Likes

Too late now for one.

3 Likes

Love the high-drive on this song. We’ve been practicing all summer and need to start posting some videos! Keep pickin’ !!

4 Likes

I’ve been busy and missed this arrival, but WOW! I love the feel. I love the arrangement. I didn’t want it to end… I was wondering if you were going to end with a verse with driving all the way through and then it quit… I did love the ending though, so thumbs up!

Nice looking/sounding Hooper! What is that body shape? Gibsonish 14 fret slope? Looks like a wide lower bout? Sounds like it is 'hog bodied? Whatever it is, it’s pretty sweet! Congratulations!

4 Likes

Thanks man, for all the kind words! It’s a copy of a pre-war J35 that he got his hands on. I am LOVING it…I just love that dry punch, and it plays nice too. Big fat neck which I normally don’t like so much but do on this one…just feels “right.”

4 Likes

Good stuff!

3 Likes

Man I was following on the background rythym and gen chords for the verse but you lost me on the chorus. I have no idea what chords are playing. Is there a tab I’m missing or a chord sheet?

Working on that guitar part, too. I’ve committed it all to memory, now getting the timing up. Probably 75% speed at the moment. The jump to 100% is daunting, but I’m still improving with each play.

3 Likes

John! What’s up man? Good to see you again!

2 Likes

There are chords above the measures in the pdf and tef tabs. Also, I have a video in the lesson titled “Rhythm & Chords” that you should check out.

2 Likes

Just got around to learning this, it’s so totally my style with all the crosspicking and cool syncopated licks! Now just to get it up to speed.

4 Likes

This arrangement is like butter!!! Banjo, you’ve done it again!

1 Like