Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Guitar lesson: Near the Cross

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/near-the-cross-guitar

There are some melodies that take you back to the 1,000 times you heard it, and this is one. We’ll learn two solos for the classic hymn “Near the Cross,” one in waltz time and one in 4/4.

2 Likes

nice lesson I love this song

2 Likes

Can you teach There Is Something About That Name?

Hi, I’m fairly new to the guitar but I’ve taken in person banjo lessons for several months with someone in our area. I’m now signed up with Banjo Ben lessons and I love it all! I’m trying to do Jesus keep me near the cross on guitar with Banjo Ben finger picking and I’ve been practicing it for a couple weeks! I’ve finally made it to measure 19 yay!!! But I can’t figure out what he means by a 16th note pull off on measure 19.
I have rewinded and slowed him doing it over and over and can’t see what he’s doing. I would appreciate anyones help. Please be patient as I haven’t been doing guitar lessons long at all. I’ve practiced my chords and learned most and have them pretty smooth and was surprised with lots of practice that I could do this song because it’s hard for me being new!!! But sooo beautiful … would appreciate any help :blush:
Thanks!
Tiny

5 Likes

Check this out @toxentine

Also see the theory course HERE

7 Likes

Thank you so much!!! Got it!
I’ll check out that theory course too.

1 Like

Hello Tiny, welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Hi John,
It’s so nice to be here! I’m enjoying it very much :blush:

2 Likes

Wonderful, we would all love to hear that! There is a bunch of budding/promising players regulars here, you will soon find them motivating and helpful too! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s very encouraging and I can’t wait to be playing as well as you all do.

2 Likes