Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Guitar lesson: Man of Constant Sorrow

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/man-of-constant-sorrow-guitar

I absolutely LOVE this version on guitar! It would be easy to throw together a bunch of bluesy licks that work over the chords, but it’s another thing to play bluesy licks that sing the melody, which is what we do here!

1 Like

Ive learned man of constant sorrow with you teaching it slowly on the banjo, can you send the same lesson teaching it slowly on the guitar?

1 Like

Click on the link at the top of this page…the one in blue. It takes you to the lesson. Or, you can click on the guitar page and type in “constant” or “sorrow”, then click on the little magnifying glass, and the lesson will pop up.

1 Like

This is super sweet. Thanks for maintaining this site. So great what you’re doing!!

2 Likes

Really love this solo. It’s challenged me to get up the neck and I can do it now! So,so pleased - thank you Ben.

3 Likes

Hi Ben,

Love this song but how I can incorporate solo with strumming? I’m playing (very badly) buy myself and wish to be able to sing and play in the same time.

Thanks, Ante B

Howdy Ante B!

That’s a good question and would be a completely different approach, for sure. I’ll consider creating a lesson for that style!

1 Like

Thanks, that will be great.