Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Guitar lesson: Liberty

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/liberty-guitar-intermediate

This is just straight ahead flatpickin’ and a fun arrangement that helps with our pick hand accuracy!

1 Like

Yay! Nice song. I did a pick grip overhaul and this type of song will be tough for me.

1 Like

yes, beautiful! Love this, as I’ve been practicing this on mando for a while! Thanks for this one, Ben!

1 Like

Got on it today. Nice one!

1 Like

Nice companion to the mando version. I’ve been adding a few grace notes to spice it up.

1 Like

I really like tunes like this it is always on the upbeat no dismal sounds . I played this one years ago and had forgotten about it thank you Ben for posting another great lesson…

2 Likes

This is a great exercise to improve left and right hand coordination, speed and accuracy. That is, if you can keep the pick from flying out of your hand. Get yourself some of that Gorilla Snot from the Banjo Ben Store. I guarantee that will help

1 Like

@hermann.beissler - my fellow Mando-Student,

Nice to see you posting! I really like Liberty - there is just something about it… the chiming notes… the patriotic sound/feel (as I think it is connected to the Revolutionary times) and the fiddle line elements.

So cool to know others enjoy.

How cool would it be to have @BanjoBen do a really snazzy arrangement in Advanced - well, someday.

For now, I have all I can handle in the Intermediate version with the 16th pull-offs.

Interesting… For me… There is just such a difference when I don’t nail the pull-offs… But when I do (maybe 25% - 50% of the song), it transforms the whole phrase/song and punches out… A glorious sound!

I can’t wait until the day when I can move that needle to 75% - 100% cleanly.

from the 2nd string to the 4th reminds me of One I did many years ago “Center Field” J. Fogerty the interval takes a little getting use to but well worth the time.Still love folk and bluegrass but am going back to surf music for a while . I am not giving up on Bluegrass just taking a bit of a sabbatical.

1 Like

I think I missed this recent lesson for so long… Nice, simple and fun tune to play! Keeps ringing in my ears.

2 Likes

There is just something about this song! AWESOME

1 Like