Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Guitar lesson: Joy to the World- Basic

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/joy-to-the-world-basic-guitar

This is a basic to intermediate version of this classic Christmas hymn. It’s PERFECT for working out some great licks in the key of G, while at the same time making Granny proud on Christmas morn! Joy to the world, the Lord is come!

When I listen to the slow version played by Ben, I don’t really hear Joy to the World, so I’m assuming you’ve got to get good enough with this to play it fast so it sounds right.

I listen to the preview and try to follow by reading the tab and it seems like there are a couple of hundred notes being played not on the tab.

My Joy to the World sounds more like Joy to the Train Wreck.

2 Likes

I just played the slow video at 1.5x it’s speed using the gear icon in the lower right of the video and sang along. That made it make sense to me. Having done the introduction to cross-picking lesson seems like an important tool to have messed around with first.

2 Likes

Thanks @jonny1 that was helpful to speed up the Slow example. I then recorded myself on the first nine measures and speed it up on my computer… I could hear the melody coming through. Enough encouragement to keep on going. Maybe I can get it worked out in time to play for ol Santa Claus. :santa:

1 Like

lol :rofl::rofl: