Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Guitar lesson: In The Garden

me and my sister are going to do play this song for church on the guitar and violin

3 Likes

Here it is, @BanjoBen, after about a month of practice! Not perfect yet I know, so I’ll keep polishing it. Just got it by memory, so that’s the main reason you’ll see me stall a few times - I’m still thinking hard about what comes next. :slight_smile: Thank you for this great lesson! I’ve had so much fun playing this beautiful song, and I’ll be happy for any critique/advice you can give me!

12 Likes

Oh, I LOVE it!! That is not easy to do at all! Great job! The next thing you should work on is getting more sustain in the notes. Take the first few measures and try to hold down each fret finger until you HAVE to move it. It will change the sound quite a bit and actually becomes easier to play. Keep me posted!

5 Likes

I will work on that! I know exactly what you mean. I’ll do another video once I practice it more. Thank you!

4 Likes

That was great! Can’t wait to see your next video after you work on Ben’s advice. Might have to change your name to Fingerpickin_Libby. :smiley:

6 Likes

Wham!

3 Likes

Thanks @Mark_Rocka. Maybe someday :joy: I am still a VERY beginner fingerpicker… just started December of last year but I’m enjoying the journey!

5 Likes

Sounds great!

5 Likes

That was great!

5 Likes

Hi @BanjoBen, here is Try #2. I hope this is an improvement - let me know! Thanks! :smile:

10 Likes

Wow that was super good!!

3 Likes

@TrevlyncM I appreciate it, thanks!!!

3 Likes

Even better than the 1st video! Great job! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Sounded fantastic!!

4 Likes

Bravisimo!

4 Likes

Wow! You did exactly what Ben asked for and it really shows. Great job!

4 Likes

Wonderful job!

3 Likes

Thanks, I’m glad it’s better! I’ll keep on playing it. :notes:

3 Likes

Libby, check out this reply when you get a chance:

10 Likes

Wow, this was very helpful and really nice of you to make a video for me - thanks so much, Ben! I’ll definitely keep working on it and trying to incorporate your suggestions. I think since I started flatpicking a few years before fingerpicking, I’m not used to holding down chords and multiple fingers for more than a split second! I’m used to moving my left hand fingers just as quickly as my right hand. So this is all new, but it’s a lot of fun to work on! Thank you again for your great advice!

5 Likes